Sponsored

Found out We’re Having Twins! - How is the 4 Door for 2 Infant Seats?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have two car seats in my 4dr badlands. You will be fine. It’s not the best. My 2018 Toyota Highlander is far better room wise. But it’s not as cool to drive as the Bronco. Basically not the best but it’s OK.
Congrats on the little ones.
Totally unrelated to cars, if you never heard of a 529 account. Google it now and sign both your little ones up. Do it!! Do it now!!!!!
⬆ 💡 (y)
Sponsored

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We have a 1.5 yr old, 5 yr old, and one due July.
You should fit fine in the driver seat with a rear facing car seat behind you. If you were 6ft 6 it would be tight.
But you will be fine.
Rear/trunk space is actually quite a lot. I think it’s more than adequate.
I'm 6'8 (football lineman build), it's do-able for trips under like 2 hours. I think I'd be uncomfortable if it was longer and would need to stop and stretch out.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For more concrete information on 529 accounts start with credible, unbiased overviews, not profit / commission driven marketing. Morningstar offers some of the best reviews of the industry for a great overview and comparison of Fees, the most detrimental thing to long term returns. You may have heard of Morningstar, they are known for their industry Stock and Mutual Fund reports, going back decades.

The Top 529 Education Savings Plans of 2021

Special Report: 529 Education Savings Plans

I have my grandkids in the Utah's my529 plan, one of the top rated, using the low cost Vanguard Mutual Funds. Of course, tax laws vary by state so that dictates which plans are right for you (Hint: You don't have to live in the state the plan is Issued in).

Last edited:

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When we had our boy/girl twins back in 2009, we had a ‘04 Pathfinder. It was fine for driving around, but we found on road trips we had to pack it to the gills. Pack’n’plays, strollers, rocking chairs, diapers… not to mention our own luggage. It was a pain.

We ended up buying a 6-year old Yukon XL for a steal, and it was so nice for carrying around the kids and all their stuff. We kept it for a couple of years, and then sold it for what we paid and bought a CX-9.

So twin babies in a Bronco? It can be done, but it’s not going to be very comfortable for the first three years or so. Hopefully, you’re getting the roof rails, because that will help…

Side note: Congrats! Twins are awesome. And yes to a 529 account!

Beerhere

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We have two kids in car seats, one 3 one 1. The 1 year old is rear facing in a convertible seat. She's behind the passenger seat. I'm 5'10 and when I passenge it's plenty of room. If she were behind the driver seat while I'm driving it'd be a little snug (I like the seat basically all the way back) but still doable. Not sure about your state but where I live they go front facing at about 2 so it's a temporary situation that would not keep me from getting a bronco. The front facing convertible seat behind me when I drive is no problem.

You have to figure out what's best for you. Find a dealer with a 4 door demo and take the car seat and try it out would be my recommendation.

Sponsored

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

When I got my bronco, I had no idea we’d be having 2 babies on the way! I am curious how parents of 2 babies have fared with the 4 door bronco? I am 6’1” , so I want to make sure I can drive at a comfortable position with the rear facing car seat in the back. Also curious how the trunk space is with having to haul stuff around without being able to put the seats down.

Thanks!
Twins are the best………..after about 4 years😜

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Twins are the best………..after about 4 years😜
I have to admit, we only had nightmare conditions for the first three months. During that time, they tag-teamed us nonstop. It seems like 24 hours a day, at least one of them was awake! But at the three month mark, they suddenly started sleeping through the night, and Mom and I finally got to go to bed together. 🤪

Other than potty training (which was way more frustrating than I ever thought it would be) these kids have been a joy for 12 years. I’m super proud of them, and they’re just really good people. I think having that built-in best friend their whole lives has really helped. 🥰

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine are 11yrs old……they are already saying that the Bronco is theirs when they turn 16…………..

Keep dreaming!

(this has been my dream for 30 years!)

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I figured I would provide some experience here. 😊 to begin with, the bronco interior volume is massive, I can’t imagine anything short of a minivan having more interior room. And the sliding doors are clearly superior to getting infant carriers in and out. My wife and I are blessed wjth 4 kids, and we had minivans for about 12 years because they are clearly superior in terms of volume/ingress/egress.
As far as college plans I have no advice. We saved a ton but it’s never enough. I have a son at northeastern which is 74+ a year and a daughter at Loyola. My number 3 is a junior in HS and talking Georgetown 😬. I won’t even mention my 8th grader 😂. Best of luck! Twins are a true blessing, congrats!

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have no idea. No kids here. Congratulations on the twins!

Sponsored

Biggwrm

First Edition
First Name
Orran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Im 6’7, i have 2 car seats in mine. The 2 yo sits behind me and the 6yo sits behind my wife. We fit. Kids are tall so they kick the seat.

If you haven’t bought seats yet lean towards rear facing seats that aren’t huge.

You’ll be fine, because you have to lol

Arjineal

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Saturn Astra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulations! I've got three car seats in my Bronco. Two convertible car seats and an infant car seat. They fit good in the back seat with plenty of room up front. I am only 5' 8" so take that as is. I don't think you'll have an issue.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congratulations! I've got three car seats in my Bronco. Two convertible car seats and an infant car seat. They fit good in the back seat with plenty of room up front. I am only 5' 8" so take that as is. I don't think you'll have an issue.
if you can post a quick picture that would be amazing!

Do you mind telling the ages? I’d love to ‘win’ my argument with my wife. 😂

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, the second best day of your life, when you were told twins are on the way . . . the best being the day you received an e-mail from your dealer saying "Your Bronco is here"! :)

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Every year car seats get bigger and bulkier.
They will fit though.

Hope your wife drives an Expedition.
Sponsored