Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve got just 2 or 3 dents from hail. Hadn’t thought about PDR. I’ll have to look into it. Thanks!
Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Too late now but do you use the radar that comes with our Bronco (if you have the subscription)? I always have that up when I'm in weather plus I'll use the RadarScope app on my phone. Sometimes it's tough to avoid but these are some pretty cool tools for down the road.

OP
OP
Sooner

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That really sucks. Was at my daughter's house about a week ago and heard a warning on TV. Left immediately and came home for garage. Try PDR
I was coming out of my hunting spot in the river bottom and the national weather service warning came over my phone. I stupidly thought i had time to get to the house and put it in the barn 4 minutes later it was coming down.

mb86gt

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
So sorry to see this! As bad as the hood looks, curious if the hard top had any damage?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Sooner

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So sorry to see this! As bad as the hood looks, curious if the hard top had any damage?
I haven’t noticed anything and I’ve been looking.

still can’t believe it didn’t beat the windows out of it, seen several in town that were and several mirrors beat off.

mb86gt

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
We had some pea size last weekend. I can’t even imagine hail big enough to knock off mirrors.

Hope you get a quick repair.

woof

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW X5, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fixing hoods are tough with PDR. Under insurance, the shop simply replaced the hood. I made sure to choose a cowl induction aftermarket one :)

If you are into trying it yourself for smaller jobs, I purchased tools/glue from a company called dent king. I went with only the glue kit based tools and for the most part, I can pull any dent out from any area in the car, except some for the hood and some body creases if the hail hits right on it. Best of wishes for your repair journey :)

quick note - the hood metal in my experience is different than the rest of the body and was more difficult to pull dents out from. Most times, taking several pulls and then iteratively hammering down the ridges created if any.., it took between 30-60 minutes for each dent for me.

Last edited:

PolarVortex

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Black Diamond, Craftsman tractor
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fixing hoods are tough with PDR. Under insurance, the shop simply replaced the hood. I made sure to choose a cowl induction aftermarket one :)

If you are into trying it yourself for smaller jobs, I purchased tools/glue from a company called dent king. I went with only the glue kit based tools and for the most part, I can pull any dent out from any area in the car, except some for the hood and some body creases if the hail hits right on it. Best of wishes for your repair journey :)

quick note - the hood metal in my experience is different than the rest of the body and was more difficult to pull dents out from. Most times, taking several pulls and then iteratively hammering down the ridges created if any.., it took between 30-60 minutes for each dent for me.
Sooner - what was your end result? New Hood? Insurance covered? PDR? We had bad storms, no hail but lots of wind and flying acorns from our oak tree that caused 10-15 dings on my hood. Just got the Bronco a month ago.

Woof - thanks for the tips....I have dent repair tools so I'll probably give it a whirl.

OP
OP
Sooner

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

insurance is going to take care of it, less deductible. Still haven’t got it repaired they are replacing the hood and paint less on the rest. Body shops are overwhelmed around here right now

Sponsored

PolarVortex

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok well at least there's an end in sight!

PolarVortex

Black Diamond
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yikes. That aluminum isn’t as tough as steel. We’re just north of you in Bartlesville. We’ve missed those storms so far.
Lived in Bartlesville for 5 years in the early 80's.....miss it!
Sponsored