Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Bronco 15 Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wildtrack all day long. I love mine. And the hard top takes 30 minutes to completely remove. Much nicer than a soft top.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JTAIRBORNE

JTAIRBORNE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We’ll, I’m at the point were I really don’t feel comfortable purchasing a new vehicle that already has damage (I will constantly have concerns about the paint till the time I sell it). I’m not really sold on the interior of the Wildtrak. I hate to lose price protection, but it might be a circumstance that is better for me just to walk away from. Really sucks after waiting several months for my order.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We’ll, I’m at the point were I really don’t feel comfortable purchasing a new vehicle that already has damage (I will constantly have concerns about the paint till the time I sell it). I’m not really sold on the interior of the Wildtrak. I hate to lose price protection, but it might be a circumstance that is better for me just to walk away from. Really sucks after waiting several months for my order.
I would still take the Badlands. They will be able to repair hail damage without anyone ever knowing and you can probably get them to throw in an extended warranty or some free services.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you've waited this long, put another order in. Mine took 18 months. Unless you really need a new car now, prolly won't matter much to wait.

Also, depending on your situation, you could buy the Wildtrak and order another and flip it when it comes in (I doubt prices will collapse by then). If you end up liking the WT, then you keep it and let the order go.

Or just walk away. Which of course is frustrating but something you gotta be ready to do on any deal.

Bummer that hail happens, but it happens.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd ask for a huge discount on the Badlands. They probably won't do it, though, they'll probably fix it and sell it to someone who doesn't know it was damaged. From what I know, dealers are allowed to repair damage prior to the sale and not disclose it unless the damage is over a certain amount. And since they use their own people to do the repair the damage is very little cost to them.

My mom bought a brand new Mercedes with a few hundred miles on it in the mid 2000s. Within a year the clearcoat on the rear bumper and trunk started to bubble. She took it to someone to fix, and when they looked underneath the car they saw evidence of a major rear end collision!

Sponsored

JunitoNo1

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dependsbon your usage. I chose the Badlands over the Wildtrak solely for the disconnecting stay bar for the aggressive crawling/offroading.

I'm biased for soft-tops, as well. Just so convenient.

Buuuuuuut, if you aren't planning tonkeep it forever, the hail damage may affect resale value.

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As you stated only been waiting few months like me. Others have waited years. If you don't want the Wildtrak(interior looks better in person to me) then just place another order. Maybe dealer would be helpful with some extras to make it worth it.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Three ifs...
1. If they fix it to the point you can't see any hint of prior damage.
2. If this did not go onto a Carfax report.

3. I'd say take it, IF this is EXACTLY what you wanted. Do you want a soft top or was the hard top removed from your order to expedite production?

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you didn’t want a manual then go with the Wildtrak and just sell the hardtop for $6-7k - pays for your softtop (highly recommend the Bestop version anyways) and probably evens out the price I’m guessing.

OP
OP
JTAIRBORNE

JTAIRBORNE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Three ifs...
1. If they fix it to the point you can't see any hint of prior damage.
2. If this did not go onto a Carfax report.

3. I'd say take it, IF this is EXACTLY what you wanted. Do you want a soft top or was the hard top removed from your order to expedite production?
I originally wanted a hard top, but ordered the soft top due to production constraints. The dealer has stated that it shouldn’t have to be reported. Shouldn’t and won’t are a big difference. I’m starting to lean towards the WT. Going back to look at it again this morning and make a decision.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bring your tools to the dealership after they close. Then, swap out the body panels between the two Broncos and you’re good to go on the Badlands. 😁

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I originally wanted a hard top, but ordered the soft top due to production constraints. The dealer has stated that it shouldn’t have to be reported. Shouldn’t and won’t are a big difference. I’m starting to lean towards the WT. Going back to look at it again this morning and make a decision.
I think if drive it, you will like it.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really don't like the tan interior, but hail damage is worse. WT for sure

woof

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW X5, 2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in an area where hail is very common and yes, I see hail damage on the listings for vehicles as a deterrent. Agreed on the question of how long you plan to keep this, 8 years or so, then it shouldn't make that much of a difference on the value you get when selling it. but a damaged ~$60K new vehicle would be a bitter pill for me to take. Any chance of dealer crawling for something else in your geo? That's how I found my vehicle, however, it's a Black Diamond...
Sponsored