Sponsored

any suggestions for aftermarket products?

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, not like I have them on my Rubicon and oh I don't know, it's only the most capable 4-wheeling platform on the Planet and I've done all kinds of stuff with it and my Dad has done Rubicon Trail and 10Kft high Rock Mountains in Moab and you're the expert with your F-250. === Seems Legit...
I would LOVE to see a Bronco with those steps actually do Rubicon. I was re-watching when Lite Brite went out with Loren Healy and his Bronco on Rubicon. He had actual rock sliders and used them A LOT... Those steps would have been gone.
Sponsored

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did add RC hood lifts "it should have come that way" added hitch and shackle adapters doing icon 3 inch lift and waiting on d6 gorhino steps. What way do you plan on taking ur bronco?
No it should not have come that way. Air struts wear out and don't work well in cold weather. On a SUV tailgate they are a necessary evil. For the hood a prop rod is simple and trouble free.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would LOVE to see a Bronco with those steps actually do Rubicon. I was re-watching when Lite Brite went out with Loren Healy and his Bronco on Rubicon. He had actual rock sliders and used them A LOT... Those steps would have been gone.
What is your point? The majority of Broncos will never do this kind of off roading, and if so the steps can be easily removed.

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
the IAG soft top assist kit is awesome. shouldve come that way from the factory.
I have it and now I’d advise against them until they figure out a solution to scratching your roll bar. Put my top down one time and it’s got a scratch already.

Sponsored

dan79

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 f250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No it should not have come that way. Air struts wear out and don't work well in cold weather. On a SUV tailgate they are a necessary evil. For the hood a prop rod is simple and trouble free.
i live in mass all my super dutys have had them and its never been an issue they are not hard to replace when needed just like all the other cars where the back lifts up on air struts

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What is your point? The majority of Broncos will never do this kind of off roading, and if so the steps can be easily removed.
I mean you hit the nail on the head, most Broncos won't ever see dirt. My point was buying these steps is a clear sign you don't intend to rock crawl your rig.

Posers...

OP
OP
EEdward

EEdward

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just got WeatherTech front-and-rear floor mats, cargo-area protector mat, and mudflaps. Haven't yet got the rear ones installed (front got installed Monday evening and yesterday was rainy all day) - we really haven't driven it all that much because Sasquatch Package fires off rocks like busting caps full-auto MP5K. So I highly recommend a "Protection Package" of floor mats and mudflaps.

Also got some Rough Country rails and side-steps, IMHO they look way nicer than just a "running board" -

https://www.roughcountry.com/bronco-sr2-aluminum-rail-52003.html

One thing I'd like but don't know if the $ is there is a Winch. And if I hit the lottery, perhaps a Lift, 22" wheels and some Cooper tires. Now we're talking baby, Gangster Wild. I'll be the King of the Mall Crawlers and Home Depot parking lots son!@
Please post the picture if you installed! I just ordered mutipieces inserts mats for my bronco, feel a little upgrade for mine lol

OP
OP
EEdward

EEdward

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would like a solid, fold down grab handle above the door that can be Installed in the existing bolt holes. I know they make the paracord grab handle but I would like something that looks better and serves the purpose.
Is this you are looking for? I have seen many like this on Amazon
Ford Bronco any suggestions for aftermarket products? 1648092797471

Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anything from Archetype Racing. It's all very impressive, functional, and a US manufacturer.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean you hit the nail on the head, most Broncos won't ever see dirt. My point was buying these steps is a clear sign you don't intend to rock crawl your rig.

Posers...
Not trying to start a flame war, but there are other surfaces out there besides pavement and rock gardens. Your Bronco even has modes built in to your dial for some of them. Sand, snow, Baja.... There's no overlanding mode, but that's not done on pavement or rocks typically either...

Point: Pavement princesses exist, but those that do off-road don't have to rock crawl to qualify.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not trying to start a flame war, but there are other surfaces out there besides pavement and rock gardens. Your Bronco even has modes built in to your dial for some of them. Sand, snow, Baja.... There's no overlanding mode, but that's not done on pavement or rocks typically either...

Point: Pavement princesses exist, but those that do off-road don't have to rock crawl to qualify.
I'm not taking my Bronco in a rock garden, at least not without adding a ton more protection. Rock gardens = damage.... That being said, I think you're gonna find obstacles to climb over in almost any off-roading situation. There are certainly rocks in places other than rock gardens, in fact the hardest rock I've hit so far with my Bronco was in the middle of the main trail at my local off-road park. There could be a fallen tree on your overlanding trail. I think there are rocks in the desert, last I checked KOH has a few around. Who knows what's under snow, you really could hit anything. I guess you're fairly safe if you go to sand dunes, I'll give you that.

My point is, and has always been, those types of steps are a liability off-roading. They are for looks and to make it easier for people to climb into their rigs.

I find myself biting my tongue a bit when it comes to people who buy off-road vehicles and don't off-road, but it spills over sometimes. To be honest this is one of those cases. I don't like "fake" people who do "fake" things, and buying an off-road vehicle because it "looks cool" is one of those things. Products like this only fortify that point because people buy lifted vehicles but they don't like the discomfort of stepping up into them so they add steps that negate off-road ability. It's dumb IMHO.

There, you made me say it.
Sponsored