First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, a bit of an update. Insurance could not determine cause of the fire. Also, got a build date for my replacement Bronco this morning. It's scheduled to be built the week of July 17.
Did you notify Ford of this mishap, and if so, were they interested in trying to determine what happened?
Sponsored

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah I doubt that. I've never seen insurance make anyone whole unless it was a law suite and you get millions:)
Allstate dropped $20k over sticker without batting an eyelash when Bronco #1 was totalled. Allowed me to purchase Bronco #2 in very short order.

>edit< : That was over a year ago... Bronco's have come down in dealer mark up of late in some areas.

NightShade

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did gap's definition change? My understanding was it was the difference between your loan, basically making sure that your loan gets paid irregardless of what the value of the vehicle is.

It has nothing to do with replacement costs are making sure your whole... Or in my case with a Bronco paid off, It's not even available.

Or is there some new version of GAP?
Your understanding of GAP is correct. I didn’t know what OP’s payoff situation was vs what insurance will cover on the settlement. Let’s just say though that insurance rates have been obscene and many do not cover full replacement cost or add-on accessories, at least at retail or reasonable market value. It’s not for everyone but can be peace of mind for others.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your understanding of GAP is correct. I didn’t know what OP’s payoff situation was vs what insurance will cover on the settlement. Let’s just say though that insurance rates have been obscene and many do not cover full replacement cost or add-on accessories, at least at retail or reasonable market value. It’s not for everyone but can be peace of mind for others.
Yeah, many times you'll see people respond to something like "well that's why you have insurance" ..... Just wait till they need it and find out how screwed you usually get!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s the accessories that aren’t insured. I’ve added roughly $30k of extra coverage for accessories on my policy for a nominal increase on monthly costs.
I figure that if I get totaled or even ruin some of the more expensive accessories they’re now covered.

From my understanding, if I roll the thing in Moab, my coverage will cover it all and not just the vehicle in its stock state.
I specifically ask my State Farm agent what about all my add-ons. They stated it's covered as long as I keep my receipts and such. No extra premium... Of course I'm paying an arm and a leg already so there's that ;)

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Allstate dropped $20k over sticker without batting an eyelash when Bronco #1 was totalled. Allowed me to purchase Bronco #2 in very short order.

>edit< : That was over a year ago... Bronco's have come down in dealer mark up of late in some areas.
I'm really surprised and really happy for you. This is definitely rare. I've never once heard of anyone actually getting enough to go out and buy an equivalent replacement. You're lucky if you get enough to buy some used vehicle with like twice as many miles on it that yours had!

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm really surprised and really happy for you. This is definitely rare. I've never once heard of anyone actually getting enough to go out and buy an equivalent replacement. You're lucky if you get enough to buy some used vehicle with like twice as many miles on it that yours had!
Bronco #1 had 400 mi on it when I purchased it. 600mi ish when I was rear ended. Bronco #2 was "used" with 15 mi on the ticker. I added funds as Bronco #2 is a better equipped truck... it added SAS and High pkg over 6g #1.

At the time, AllState used an independent vehicle evaluation service which came back with the value I thought I would have to argue with. Nope. Paid me what I paid.

Hope your experience goes as smoothly.

Bronco_MN

Base
First Name
Triet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford has to know about this! I know about another one that burnt down the same way!

OP
OP

KRoyal080

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So this happened yesterday. Had just hit 25k miles on my '22 Badlands Bronco. Pulled into a rest area. Shut the vehicle off. Was gone at most 5 minutes and walked out to see black smoke pouring out of the hood. Fire was contained to the engine bay until the flames were so high the hard top caught fire, and the rest is history. Fire department was unable to determine cause. Up until this point, I have had zero issues with the vehicle. Sad day...

Update: it's a 2.7 Auto

20230502_164301.jpg

20230502_171329.jpg

20230502_171658.jpg

20230502_172029.jpg

20230502_171910.jpg
Well, 12 weeks later and I have my "replacement" Bronco! Currently getting wrapped in satin PPF and ceramic coated.
Cause of the fire was never determined. Just wanted to post a quick update to let everyone know this story had a happy ending!
Ford Bronco Total loss... 🤦🏼‍♂️ Engine bay fire burned down my Bronco IMG_20230809_071647
Ford Bronco Total loss... 🤦🏼‍♂️ Engine bay fire burned down my Bronco IMG_20230822_152721
Ford Bronco Total loss... 🤦🏼‍♂️ Engine bay fire burned down my Bronco IMG_20230825_130240

Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, 12 weeks later and I have my "replacement" Bronco! Currently getting wrapped in satin PPF and ceramic coated.
Cause of the fire was never determined. Just wanted to post a quick update to let everyone know this story had a happy ending!
Ford Bronco Total loss... 🤦🏼‍♂️ Engine bay fire burned down my Bronco IMG_20230825_130240
Congrats on the extremely fast turn around time! It looks great 👍

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just be careful taking this one to rest stops