Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check FAA for drones near airports.
DTW and Willow Run are close by but maybe far enough you’re ok. Plus there might be altitude restrictions.
IDK why I didn't think of proximity to those airports...Hell, I just flew in and out of DTW. Grrr....
Well, my drone IS the smallest DJI at 249grams so I know I have some leeway with regards to what is restricted and not.
Guess I better start the research.
Sponsored

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IDK why I didn't think of proximity to those airports...Hell, I just flew in and out of DTW. Grrr....
Well, my drone IS the smallest DJI at 249grams so I know I have some leeway with regards to what is restricted and not.
Guess I better start the research.
I updated my prior post

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thursday will be my 50th anniversary :cry:
Yours is around the same age as mine. What killed me doing a test drive this weekend was the fact that the one I drove was built the same week as mine!

Sponsored

Krisegon

Outer Banks
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GMC Yukon SLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Welcome to the asylum. I'm not an official leader or anything but have become one of the most vocal ones. If you ask me, anyone who's build date has come and gone and are still "In Production" status has a right to be noisy, it doesn't take 10, 25, 35, or 45 days to build a vehicle.
Leave it to Ford to redefine the word, "few."

Bdedeluk

First Edition
First Name
Brittney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just called Ford's Marketing line to see what information they could give on my Bronco. I know someone who called earlier today and told them theirs was not finished being built due to a parts shortage...
You know what... I would rather accept that answer than the one I got...

After 51 minutes on hold... I get a very nice, but clueless person on the other end. First, she couldn't hear me and told me to hang up and call back. UM NO. Then I get thru verifying all my information she pulls up my order. Great - or so I thought...
I asked her if she could tell me what is holding my Bronco up. She told me "oh well I see on your First Edition you have a MIC top, there is not a lot of those and that is PROBABLY why it's not built," I said, "nope, I've seen people with a production date 3 weeks behind mine with my EXACT trim, exterior and interior colors with MIC top BUILT and DELIVERED." She then told me I needed to contact my dealer they get more updates and have more information than she does, they get an update once a week. She also told me I am more than welcome to call back in a week and to see if they have more information. I said "I know you don't have anything to do with production and/or a Bronco from being built BUT let me tell you my frustration... I had a lease on an Explorer, extended it due to waiting on the Bronco.. then at the end of the extension - realized it was time to shit or get off the pot with the lease... So I paid the whole vehicle off. It tanked my credit score 42 points due to "a closed account". So been working and waiting for it to go back up, saved more money to be able to put down a larger down payment on the Bronco, got preapproved at my bank.... and that expires next week... ANOTHER HIT to my credit"
She proceeds to tell me again, I need to call my dealer and they see more information and real-time updates on vehicle statuses. I told her I called my dealer and they can't get an answer either and now they are waiting not only on MY Bronco but quite a few others that are in my same situation. She goes "ohhh, it's your dealer"... I said "you're telling me it's my dealer?" She says "yes, the one you saw like yours, that dealer probably has a high allocation and that's why they got theirs"
SAY WHATTTTT.... I asked her "so. Are you telling me because of my dealer allocation, my car hasn't finished production?" She said "yes, the other dealer had to have had more allocations" I was SO confused and beyond frustrated at this point and ask "so because my dealer supposedly had a lower allocation than the person who has my SAME vehicle... mines is sitting not fully built? and you are saying if I would have chosen another dealership, it would have been able to get built on time?"
SHE SAID "IT WOULD SEEM SO"
I told her I do not accept that answer and she probably gets 10,000 calls a day getting angry with her about something that she cannot control, but the lack of communication is BEYOND frustrating and the dumb made-up answers we get WHEN we are able to get an answer. She thanked me for calling, told me to call back in a week, GAVE ME THE PHONE number (because apparently, I didn't have it initially to be able to call), and asks me to stay on the line to take a 5 question survey. NOPE - you do not want me staying on the line and taking that survey.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just called Ford's Marketing line to see what information they could give on my Bronco. I know someone who called earlier today and told them theirs was not finished being built due to a parts shortage...

After 51 minutes on hold... I get a very nice, but clueless person on the other end. First, she couldn't hear me and told me to hang up and call back. UM NO. Then I get thru verifying all my information she pulls up my order. Great - or so I thought...
I asked her if she could tell me what is holding my Bronco up. She told me "oh well I see on your First Edition you have a MIC top, there is not a lot of those and that is PROBABLY why it's not built," I said, "nope, I've seen people with a production date 3 weeks behind mine with my EXACT trim, exterior and interior colors with MIC top BUILT and DELIVERED." She then told me I needed to contact my dealer they get more updates and have more information than she does, they get an update once a week. She also told me I am more than welcome to call back in a week and to see if they have more information. I said "I know you don't have anything to do with production and/or a Bronco from being built BUT let me tell you my frustration... I had a lease on an Explorer, extended it due to waiting on the Bronco.. then at the end of the extension - realized it was time to shit or get off the pot with the lease... So I paid the whole vehicle off. It tanked my credit score 42 points due to "a closed account". So been working and waiting for it to go back up, saved more money to be able to put down a larger down payment on the Bronco, got preapproved at my bank.... and that expires next week... ANOTHER HIT to my credit"
She proceeds to tell me again, I need to call my dealer and they see more information and real-time updates on vehicle statuses. I told her I called my dealer and they can't get an answer either and now they are waiting not only on MY Bronco but quite a few others that are in my same situation. She goes "ohhh, it's your dealer"... I said "you're telling me it's my dealer?" She says "yes, the one you saw like yours, that dealer probably has a high allocation and that's why they got theirs"
SAY WHATTTTT.... I asked her "so. Are you telling me because of my dealer allocation, my car hasn't finished production?" She said "yes, the other dealer had to have had more allocations" I was SO confused and beyond frustrated at this point and ask "so because my dealer supposedly had a lower allocation than the person who has my SAME vehicle... mines is sitting not fully built? and you are saying if I would have chosen another dealership, it would have been able to get built on time?"
I told her I do not accept that answer and she probably gets 10,000 calls a day getting angry with her about something that she cannot control, but the lack of communication is BEYOND frustrating and the dumb made-up answers we get WHEN we are able to get an answer. She thanked me for calling, told me to call back in a week, GAVE ME THE PHONE number (because apparently, I didn't have it initially to be able to call), and asks me to stay on the line to take a 5 question survey. NOPE - you do not want me staying on the line and taking that survey.
Been there done that… MANY TIMES!
Useless!

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point you are just torturing yourself by calling the hotline. It's good for checking on build week info but useless for us in purgatory.

Last edited:

Bdedeluk

First Edition
First Name
Brittney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
At this point you are just toturing yourself by calling the hotline. It's good for checking on build week info but useless for us in purgatory.
I figured at this point, what the heck... it was the only number I hadn't called. LOL

Sponsored

Drinxxs04

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yours is around the same age as mine. What killed me doing a test drive this weekend was the fact that the one I drove was built the same week as mine!
Owww….like reopening the wound. Can’t even look at my dealers mannequin anymore.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
the one you saw like yours, that dealer probably has a high allocation and that's why they got theirs"
Think of me as the High Priest of the Church of the Painful Truth.

Unfortunately, what the help line told you is 100% the way its been for ~ a year now.

moejoe34

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I just left my dealer test driving a Mach-E (bored and impatient lol).

They have a 2-door cyber orange OBX in their showroom that was reserved early by a customer (delivery soon). It was a 0617 build with a 4196 rotation. Delivery to dealer in Florida was 08/04. So only about 6 weeks!

Too had some rough and uneven edges but NOTHING I wouldn’t live with.

Coal Powers America

Big Bend
First Name
Dallas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
6/29er here, 30 days to qualify as a full member, 21 for junior member and 14 for associate?
From blend date or in production date? Blend date was 7/2 pretty much last one scheduled before the shut down think it was most likely half built and ended up producing 7/12.

And to think I was excited when I got the pulled up from 7/12 to 6/28 email…..

OCDON

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
From blend date or in production date? Blend date was 7/2 pretty much last one scheduled before the shut down think it was most likely half built and ended up producing 7/12.

And to think I was excited when I got the pulled up from 7/12 to 6/28 email…..
Same for me.
Sponsored