Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As another option-I have free glass coverage. No deductible and it doesn’t affect rates. I’d recommend that instead! Most insurances offer similar coverage
My insurance doesn't offer it, I can add it to my plan, but it cost more of course.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder how long it will be before insurance companies catch on to how expensive this glass is and start exempting Broncos from free coverage.
How much is the bronco glass? I know the one replaced in my wife’s grand cherokee last year was $1100+. My f150 was around $650 and my wrangler was $225.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
badlands is a bit different than a base, no?

from what I found, only builds that have ability for /highLux package etc. have the camera.

I may definitely be wrong, Irregardless, insurance will cover it.
Ford Bronco A Practical Recommendation: ExoShield film for windshield 5D8CDB6B-C0DC-4CC8-9836-E5491D90F219

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As another option-I have free glass coverage. No deductible and it doesn’t affect rates. I’d recommend that instead! Most insurances offer similar coverage
Yup, state mandated $0 deductible here, claim all the windshields

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder how long it will be before insurance companies catch on to how expensive this glass is and start exempting Broncos from free coverage.
It's state law not insurance choice.

Example FL. WS repair/replacement is free if you have COMP. That's state mandated.

Insurance companies would have to approach the state to change law to exempt a car or choose not to insure the car at all which is unlikely.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yup, state mandated $0 deductible here, claim all the windshields
It's state law not insurance choice.

Example FL. WS repair/replacement is free if you have COMP. That's state mandated.

Insurance companies would have to approach the state to change law to exempt a car or choose not to insure the car at all which is unlikely.
From my experience with windshield replacement in FL is that yes, it doesn't cost anything up front. ($0 deductible). But it is still a claim against your insurance. Do it enough and the rate increases. The rate increase is still minor compared to an actual deductible or outright replacement cost, but the rate will increase when claims are filed against your policy.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From my experience with windshield replacement in FL is that yes, it doesn't cost anything up front. ($0 deductible). But it is still a claim against your insurance. Do it enough and the rate increases. The rate increase is still minor compared to an actual deductible or outright replacement cost, but the rate will increase when claims are filed against your policy.
Hmm I don't windshield claims affect rates down here. My wheeling buddy goes through a windshield a year on his Rubicon and his rates have steadily been going down with esurance every year

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hmm I don't windshield claims affect rates down here. My wheeling buddy goes through a windshield a year on his Rubicon and his rates have steadily been going down with esurance every year
I have esurance also. My rate increased $30/6month. Not a big deal. Much cheaper than paying a deductible or outright replacement. But I'm also driving with 2 chips that will require replacement. Haven't bothered to get the work done (passenger side doesn't affect visibility). I've been holding off as the old claims will cycle off my insurance record and my rate will drop in time for my Bronco.

balucipher

Big Bend
First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have esurance also. My rate increased $30/6month. Not a big deal. Much cheaper than paying a deductible or outright replacement. But I'm also driving with 2 chips that will require replacement. Haven't bothered to get the work done (passenger side doesn't affect visibility). I've been holding off as the old claims will cycle off my insurance record and my rate will drop in time for my Bronco.
Yeah, makes sense. I got the Gorilla Glass option on my 4xe and it's been holding up well, including a big rock that launched and hit the middle of the windshield and landed on my hood. Hoping Ford offers that option sometime in the future

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, makes sense. I got the Gorilla Glass option on my 4xe and it's been holding up well, including a big rock that launched and hit the middle of the windshield and landed on my hood. Hoping Ford offers that option sometime in the future
I'm hoping for so too as I'm in for a wait due to allocation purgatory. Where I live, there is a cement batch mixing plant that shares the main state route. There is constant gravel from their trucks (it is supposed to be rinsed before they leave the property, but that doesn't happen) that ends up on the road. It is inevitable that I'll catch a rock.

If a Gorilla Glass option isn't available later on, then I'll look into the ExoShield recommendation. The replacement cost on the Bronco will be costly and it is a matter of time before the insurance companies realize the losing proposition.

With regards to your friend's insurance going down, he may have started at a higher rate (newer vehicle and/or greater risk). I'm one of the safest and boring(est) drivers out there. I average about 5k miles per year. My 2003 only has 95K miles. I don't drive at night and am content lugging around town in my own Grandpa Gear (not a grandpa, just content at being a slow-poke).

Sponsored

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the best purchases I have made for my Bronco has been ExoShield film for my windshield.

short version: A film that makes your windshield 6x stronger.

$375-warranty for 2 years or 30,000 miles. Cheap insurance for piece of mind. Its not a matter of if, but when a rock will pop your windshield.

I have received 3 hard hits from rocks while on the interstate. No damage. That, in itself is worth it. Nothing more sickening than a cracked windshield on your brand new vehicle. Many Expel PPF installers also apply the ExoShield as well.
My deductible for windshields is $100 so I can get 4 windshields for your 2 year product price. Doesn't sound like a smart return on my investment. LOL
Kinda dumb to buy insurance on something that's already insured by your auto policy

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ive been thinking of this too but its probably cheaper just to pay your insurance for a replacement windshield.

OP
OP
Last Ride Bronco

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That is great insurance! The benefit of ExoShield is that your original windshield is never chipped
My deductible for windshields is $100 so I can get 4 windshields for your 2 year product price. Doesn't sound like a smart return on my investment. LOL
Kinda dumb to buy insurance on something that's already insured by your auto policy
I don’t dispute that logic. I’m paying for the peace of mind that I don’t have to be concerned when a rock hits my windshield. To each his own. It’s worth it to me to remove the aggravation of getting popped by a rock, knowing there is no damage. Plus I don’t have to go through the hassle of replacement.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct. To be more specific.... WS claims will impact you more when you leave your current company than the next premium if you stick with same company (I worked for progressive for 19 yrs)

BroncoMax21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've never heard of ExoShield but now I get to look it up and learn, thanks!

As for replacing windshields, I found out this year that I will forever request OEM glass in the future. Was important for my heads up display, not so much recalibration of cameras. But I didn't know I even had a choice.
Sponsored