First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Has anyone else come across this little glitch? I have a '22 Big Bend 2 door with 2.3 liter and manual tranny. With the Manual, the ASS kicks in at a stop when the tranny is in neutral and the clutch is out. Push the clutch in and the engine starts. I was sitting in the Post Office parking lot, engine not running, reading my mail. I hadn't made a move when the engine started on its own. Weirded me out.. Not a huge issue by itself, but maybe an indicator of some electronic bug?
Sponsored

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it will start when the battery drops to a certain level. Can't speak to a manual, but my 2.7 will start on it's at long enough stop lights or if turn the fan up enough.

Bronc_Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine does this too. I assume there is also a timer involved and will restart after a certain time to keep the engine warm and/or to kick on the alternator.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don't have a Bronco yet but did order a manual. Did you actually turn the vehicle off or did you pull into a spot and put it into neutral and it turned itself off?

I would think if you physically turned it off then it shouldn't restart. Now I never park on neutral, 1st and turn key or hit switch, at that point no vehicle will autostart when it's in gear.

Sponsored
OP
OP

danofcrowhill

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't have a Bronco yet but did order a manual. Did you actually turn the vehicle off or did you pull into a spot and put it into neutral and it turned itself off?

I would think if you physically turned it off then it shouldn't restart. Now I never park on neutral, 1st and turn key or hit switch, at that point no vehicle will autostart when it's in gear.
I didn't turn it off - it was in Auto Stop. Was probably sitting there for 5 min with the parking brake on, in neutral, but not touching any pedals. It's possible there was some kind of time-out, but I can't imagine 5 min of a fan going would drain my battery much...

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I didn't turn it off - it was in Auto Stop. Was probably sitting there for 5 min with the parking brake on, in neutral, but not touching any pedals. It's possible there was some kind of time-out, but I can't imagine 5 min of a fan going would drain my battery much...
Ok, makes that makes sense to me. I could see where that was semi normal if it sensed a drop in voltage maybe and started itself to compensate.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have the A/C on and the outdoor temp is around 90 or more, your ASS disables completely. If it's below 90 or so out with the A/C on, then your ASS will seem much more random - it starts the motor once the air from the vents starts getting non-cold.
Sponsored