First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The system also reads battery health, and disables ASS if the battery is starting to get weak. Having had other Ford's and Lincolns with ASS in the past, I've found that once the battery is two and a half or three years old it stops working to save the battery.
Sponsored

rblume73

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 07 F150, 73 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would avoid the spicy vegetables though. If you do, then you may never want to use A.S.S. ever again.

OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP's battery may be weak. It will also deactivate if it senses a weak battery. A/SS kills battery life as well. The hardest thing the battery does is start the vehicle. The starter is actually built for it.
That would be a concern considering I usually press the button the first time it activates and I haven't had to use the AC very often, hardly at all. I better keep an eye n the battery situation.

Since it happened right after an update, I assume it was an update that brought my infotainment back, after that is when the A.S.S. stopped working, so my first thought was a software problem, hence the tongue & cheek in my post.

But a battery problem could leave me stranded at in inopportune moment.

Yikes!

OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The system also reads battery health, and disables ASS if the battery is starting to get weak. Having had other Ford's and Lincolns with ASS in the past, I've found that once the battery is two and a half or three years old it stops working to save the battery.
My Bronco was built end of January '23 and delivered a little over three weeks later, so I'm hoping that's not the problem... already.

MEAT_GOD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco 2dr, 15 Maserati Quattroporte
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Reading this gave me a stroke

Sponsored
OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Now that I suspect the battery could be an issue, am I correct? I should be able to hook up my trickle charger and get a voltage reading and it needs to be what? 13.something or higher, right? I can look it up.

Thanks for the heads up Mark.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Climate control is supposed to disable it, but even when I have the A/C blowing hard when it's 118 out, if I forget to hit the button when I pull up to the drive up ATM I lose my A/C.
My ASS has pretty much been disabled since May (with the exception of the road trip to Oregon). Started working again with the cooler weather now that the A/C fan can blow below max speed. Seems like that's some sort of issue. You ASS should not be kicking in during our summer time blast furnace days.

This summer was brutal - I'm glad it's over!

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You ASS should not be kicking in during our summer time blast furnace days.
Not just mine, wife's F-150 does it as well. Much worse in the Pickup since it's an automatic.

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
This was very entertaining thanks for the laughs and hopefully you learned something as well. I just purchased the cable to disable my A.S.S.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was very entertaining thanks for the laughs and hopefully you learned something as well. I just purchased the cable to disable my A.S.S.
The cable as in to use Forscan to turn it off? If your's is a '23 that will not work.

Sponsored

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not just mine, wife's F-150 does it as well. Much worse in the Pickup since it's an automatic.
Since you have a base Bronco, do you have the manual A/C? Maybe your ASS behaves differently than mine with the dual zone that came with the high package. Seems everyone's ASS is a bit different!

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What you mean your A.S.S. stopped working? Get your A.S.S. back to work! Ain’t got time to play around!

OP
OP
Arrowbear Rider

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks, it's right there in the Name... err acronym so why not have a little fun with it. Glad you liked it. I'm going to check out the battery and at least give a good listen to my startup this morning, but so far I don't recall any hesitation or anything when starting.

If it was just a software problem, I'd see others posting here about it, so I guess I better contact my dealer if it doesn't reset or I can't figure it out. Hmm. :unsure:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Since you have a base Bronco, do you have the manual A/C? Maybe your ASS behaves differently than mine with the dual zone that came with the high package. Seems everyone's ASS is a bit different!
Yeah, I have the Base Bronco with the manual HVAC. Wife has an STX which also is single zone, manual. She would have gotten an XL with crank windows except you needed the STX for rear A/C. (and yes, most F-150s have the same under the seat vents for the rear as the 4-door bronco)

Xjeepowner

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 16 JKU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
The cable I purchased has a connector you plug into to defeat the A.S.S.
Ill install it tomorrow and let you know how it work.
Sponsored