Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"Ford Bronco dealer stock continues to turn in just 10 days – a rate that’s stayed pretty much the same for a few months now – but 85 percent of its retail sales in November came from previously-placed orders. That last number is interesting because in September, 99 percent of all new Bronco retail sales stemmed from existing orders, a number that declined to 91 percent in October."

https://fordauthority.com/2022/12/ford-bronco-dealer-stock-sales-ratio-continues-to-increase/
Sponsored

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Either people forgot they ordered, got something else or the dealer stole the order.
I was surprised to see retail sales up to 15% after being 1% in September. That's a fair amount of movement.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was surprised to see retail sales up to 15% after being 1% in September. That's a fair amount of movement.
Just means production was up not that demand was up. Demand has been high for a very long time.

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just means production was up not that demand was up. Demand has been high for a very long time.
Not sure I follow. Order banks have been closed since March so all production was spoken for at that point. There should be no available stock to sell outside of existing order holders or stock that may have been sitting at dealerships. Production for Broncos was actually down September, October and November compared to the high water mark in August. If this was production related, wouldn't we have seen this happen in September or October?

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve bought two abandoned orders from the same dealer I ordered and bought my first one (BL Soft top). My Wildtrak was ordered and the guy waited 2 years, bought something else that he lost his butt on and decided he couldn’t do again. Traded my BL for it. Was waiting to place my wife’s OB order when the banks open and my dealer called and had one with most of what she wanted. These folks wanted the Mod top and didn’t like the MIC top. So we traded her 4Runner for that one.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure I follow. Order banks have been closed since March so all production was spoken for at that point. There should be no available stock to sell outside of existing order holders or stock that may have been sitting at dealerships. Production for Broncos was actually down September, October and November compared to the high water mark in August. If this was production related, wouldn't we have seen this happen in September or October?
From your article:

This shows that fewer and fewer Bronco units are arriving at dealers without preexisting buyers, which could indicate a few things – one, supply for the red-hot SUV could finally be catching up with demand, or perhaps this is simply a byproduct of ramped up production at the Michigan Assembly plant.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lot of it has to do with ordering. People that are use to buying off the lot talk money first then options. With ordering you click to many boxes and the price is your fault. I think people over ordered and didn't think about cost vs what they want.

Its like people ordering a Hamburger and adding cheese. Fast food makes you pay up front for a reason.

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

From your article:
Right- but that doesn't make sense. Production isn't up- at least not in correlating periods of time. I guess we'll know for sure in the next two months worth of reports.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right- but that doesn't make sense. Production isn't up- at least not in correlating periods of time. I guess we'll know for sure in the next two months worth of reports.
Keep in mind that sales lag behind production. And sales are dependent on shipping. And shipping also lags. So you can't look at the hard numbers and try to make a direct correlation.

For example my Bronco was made on 11/28. Shipped on 1/2. Won't be sold until it gets here in January.

OP
OP
WT205

WT205

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Keep in mind that sales lag behind production. And sales are dependent on shipping. And shipping also lags. So you can't look at the hard numbers and try to make a direct correlation.

For example my Bronco was made on 11/28. Shipped on 1/2. Won't be sold until it gets here in January.
Agreed- production was lower in summer than fall. That lag you mentioned wouldn't match up to higher production in September and November- compared to this summer with July (for example) at only 3k produced for the month while the plant was closed down.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.