Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Coming in August to a Ford Dealer near you!

Just wondering how many reservation holders here are in Priority 99 status like me and what you’ve been holding out to get? For me, it’s the opportunity to get the white mod top and save a little more for a down payment. I also used the time to get the notoriously frugal spouse onboard with the idea of dropping a dime or two on this vehicle (btw, Off-Rodeo was a helpful in this regard). I’ve enjoyed nibbling on popcorn while reading all the drama here but I’m admittedly getting a little antsy to get in the fray and release this order. I’m hoping the color options will be decent and some of the kinks in the vehicle and Ford‘s production are ironed out. So, that said, all you fellow 99’ers please share what you’re excited for in the MY ‘23 Bronco and also what your plans are if what you are waiting for isn’t available In MY ‘23.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm in '99 status, but not necessary as my order is with Granger in Allocation Purgatory. There were a few instances where Grange-tober reservation holders were selected for scheduling before those currently waiting and I didn't want my order to be one of those so I opted to have the priority code set to '99.

I'm waiting for the modular HT. If it isn't available for MY'23, then my order will remain in '99 status. I have a suspicion that if the Mod Top becomes available it will be only for the Heritage Edition which I'm expecting to be late availability.

I also have a Black Diamond so there is no rush on my part to get in line for something that isn't available.

OP
OP
Heelabaloo

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I bet $1 the mod top ain't coming in 23MY. We surely would have seen something by now
I wouldn’t risk my dollar taking that bet 😉

Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We did see something, the heritage edition sneak peek had the mod top
Heritage actually has me considering 99ing my price-protected 2dr Basesquatch... (knowing I'll lose the price protection).

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Heritage actually has me considering 99ing my price-protected 2dr Basesquatch... (knowing I'll lose the price protection).
I hear ya, that blue is awesome, and with the white mod top it would make me think hard about it, assuming I can at least break even on my current build

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet $1 the mod top ain't coming in 23MY. We surely would have seen something by now
I am thinking for MY23 the MOD top will be a Heritage Edition exclusive which you won't be able to order until MY23.5 and then (hopefully) only available to the few remaining reservation holders. That should keep some of the 99's at bay.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2 door and 4 door in 99 as Grangetober reservations, but I did pick up my 2 door BB yesterday to tide me over.

I am holding out for the white/mod top for my "next" Bronco(s).

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mod top. At this point I would take it in any color.

We will see how ready they are to execute at Job 1 and if they give wildtrak and BL owners a shot at them or if they bait and switch again and lock it behind heritage.

I can’t imagine why my confidence level of a successful facility buildout, new tooling deployment, competent staffing and leadership, executing on an unproven design/materials and ramping up to demand speed is….not very high.

Realistically, I bet decent numbers of mod tops won’t be delivered until this time next year.

Sponsored

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We did see something, the heritage edition sneak peek had the mod top
I'd put money on that the mod top on that Heritage sneak peak was one of the original versions they had lying around.

I'm not trying to be a negative Ned, but those sneak peak vehicles/prototypes always contain stuff they have lying around, if it completes the look they envision.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd put money on that the mod top on that Heritage sneak peak was one of the original versions they had lying around.

I'm not trying to be a negative Ned, but those sneak peak vehicles/prototypes always contain stuff they have lying around, if it completes the look they envision.
You may be right. I’d like to think Ford has learned some lessons by now though. My money is on it being a real thing.

thaze

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX330
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may be right. I’d like to think Ford has learned some lessons by now though. My money is on it being a real thing.
Ford has been learning lessons since 1903. You would have thought that they would have learned the “don’t promise what you can’t deliver” lesson a long time ago. I guess that is the beauty of teasing a product. You really aren’t promising anything.

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I'm in 99 holding out for the mod top. There is a forum member that said the mod top is still on track but that update was late May. I think the mod top will be tucked behind the heritage and heritage limited edition. I also think it will be late availability similar to the Everglades. So, price for the heritage edition and will it be offered with a manual transmission will be the deciding factors for me. If the Heritage isn't offered in a manual I'm going to take a very hard look at a base mansquatch. I'm also looking forward to the new colors, especially peak blue metallic or whatever they will call it.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

99 here too. I was just waiting for quality issues to run its course and get better. Are we there yet? Plus, i was waiting to save some money for down payment and in no hurry really to take it out of 99 status. I’d love for there to be a hybrid option. I know those odds are very very small, but who knows. Crazier things have happened. 😂

I’m very leery of taking on a car payment, with so much economic uncertainty at the moment. So I’ll wait.

I’m still trying to come to terms with not having a truck. If things don’t go as i want, I’m thinking of buying hybrid F150.
Sponsored