Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an early '21, which means I am also missing several nut inserts in the roll bar of later builds. Several accessories I have looked at depend on these mounting points. Is it possible for me to add those inserts now on my own?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DenNut

DenNut

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve added a lot to mine already. Best for the cage is single hole then a quality step bit, Milwaukee’s worked good for me. Step bit goes right through it after you get the first hole in. For the initial hole stay mid to low rpm’s, add some oil as you go. Will take a couple minutes, but will work.

Also test fit the rivet nut tool to make sure you can operate it in the space given with the handles on it.

Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IT seems like those might work, but I have never used those. Have you? Any way I could screw things up?

I use them FOR EVERYTHING! Though I'll confess never on a Bronco roll bar. If for no other reason than I'm still waiting to actually stroke my Bronco roll bar (current build date 1/9).

They are pretty F up proof so long as you use the correct sized bit. Even if you don't seat them correctly they are easy to drill out and just try again with a fresh rivnut.

Agree with GroundZero above - cannot imagine drilling through a roll bar would be that hard at all. Start small. Low RPMs. Work your way up in size with either a step bit or increasing bit sizes.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Two key points with nutserts. The hole diameter is critical. The material thickness is critical. If you over crimp you may damage the threads.
Sponsored