Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With the arrival of something like summer I finally got around to popping the top and putting the tube doors on. Setting the hinges on was fine, but I'm finding the adjustment for the door on the driver side doesn't quite let the latch work properly. I've run out of room. The passenger side went on and adjusted like buttah, latches and unlatches easy peasy which makes me wonder if there is an actual problem with the drivers side.
In particular, the latching mechanism doesnt go back far enough, so the latch catches partially on the loop part. I'm out of shims and hinges to move it back. I'd hate to get in there with washers. Anyone else seen this?
Sponsored

Fly2Win

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 SD, 68 Firebird, 85 300ZX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On my drivers side I ended up with 4 shims bottom and none on top. passenger is 3 on the bottom and 1 on top. This Is for a 2 door. How many did you end up using?

I’d put washers temporarily and try to locate some more of the shims. If I can remember where I put them I’ll see if I have any of the bottom ones.

OP
OP
Gnomad

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Problem fixed, although I still think the specs are off on the drivers door. It took 2 shims on the top hinge and 6 shims on the bottom to get the right height and engagement on the latch. Since I had a couple of upper hinges left over from the passenger side I cut one in half and added it to the stack, then found I was still a bit low so I stuffed the last upper hinge in with the stack and I'll trim it later.
Balancing 5 short shims and one long one is a first world problem. Definitely fiddly.
BTW, don't install tube doors if you are an introvert. They really set the Bronco off. Now if someone can create some covers for the hinge area and lock/back of door area like the OG Broncos and Scouts had that's be good.
Sponsored