Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m just not loving the way the factory seats feel. They lack any lateral support and I find the bottom too short. That has me thinking about doing a complete front seat replacement. Does anyone make brackets to mount a quality aftermarket seat?
Sponsored

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
PRP makes the best off-road seats out there. There are no mounting brackets for the bronco out yet, you’ll have to have some fabbed up. We’re big dealers for PRP Seats. Let me know if I can help

OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

PRP makes the best off-road seats out there. There are no mounting brackets for the bronco out yet, you’ll have to have some fabbed up. We’re big dealers for PRP Seats. Let me know if I can help
They have a lot of great options. Do you think they will have brackets in the near future?

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They have a lot of great options. Do you think they will have brackets in the near future?
Last I spoke with them, they did not mention any plans to create bronco specific brackets. I can’t imagine having some made by a shop would be too difficult or expensive.

OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Perhaps taking the front seat out and seeing what I have to work with might help.

Sponsored
OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm updating this thread in case anyone every searches for seat brackets. Good news is that they exist and seem to be very nicely made.

Seat Bracket: https://www.plantedtechnology.com/c...25-chassis-2021-driver?variant=47267212853566

I'm considering using these Sparco GT seats but need to get down to their Irvine showroom and sit in one first. https://www.sparcousa.com/product/gt

The only negative would be that I would lose seat height adjustment. It wouldn't be a big deal for me because I'll just use spacers to get to where I want. 95% of the time I'm the driver but I would drive my wife nuts if she needs to drive because she is 6" shorter than me.

And the last real challenge is that it will cause the airbag light to go on. I wonder if there isn't a way to jump some terminals in the wiring connector or turn the light off in forscan... that might be a question for the forscan subforum.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm updating this thread in case anyone every searches for seat brackets. Good news is that they exist and seem to be very nicely made.

Seat Bracket: https://www.plantedtechnology.com/c...25-chassis-2021-driver?variant=47267212853566

I'm considering using these Sparco GT seats but need to get down to their Irvine showroom and sit in one first. https://www.sparcousa.com/product/gt

The only negative would be that I would lose seat height adjustment. It wouldn't be a big deal for me because I'll just use spacers to get to where I want. 95% of the time I'm the driver but I would drive my wife nuts if she needs to drive because she is 6" shorter than me.

And the last real challenge is that it will cause the airbag light to go on. I wonder if there isn't a way to jump some terminals in the wiring connector or turn the light off in forscan... that might be a question for the forscan subforum.
Hey did you ever do this modification? I’m looking at the PRP seats at the moment.

OP
OP
67BroncoG1

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey did you ever do this modification? I’m looking at the PRP seats at the moment.
No I haven't because I can't figure out how to make the seat occupancy sensor work with a non factory seat. The airbag light will always be on and the airbag might not fire in an accident. Someone suggested that I look at the sensor bypasses that are available for the mustangs but I can't tell if those also work on the Bronco. That is literally the only thing holding me back.

I'm seriously considering ordering an Ineos Grenadier because the bronco seats suck so bad.

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No I haven't because I can't figure out how to make the seat occupancy sensor work with a none factory seat. The airbag light will always be on and the airbag might not fire in an accident. Someone suggested that I look at the sensor bypasses that are available for the mustangs but I can't tell if those also work on the Bronco. That is literally the only thing holding me back.

I'm seriously considering ordering an Ineos Grenadier because the bronco seats suck so bad.
Yeah-the factory seats are certainly awful. Was thinking about taking a few hours to see if I could drop in the seats from my rappy and maybe everything would be compatible, but that’s certainly wishful thinking. Then I discovered PRP and was intrigued, especially with the cooled/ventilated option. I’ll provide updates if I find anything

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No I haven't because I can't figure out how to make the seat occupancy sensor work with a non factory seat. The airbag light will always be on and the airbag might not fire in an accident. Someone suggested that I look at the sensor bypasses that are available for the mustangs but I can't tell if those also work on the Bronco. That is literally the only thing holding me back.

I can’t seem to find enough reliable information to answer the airbag question. There are ways to turn it off but you’re turning off the actual airbags for racing applications and that isn’t what I’m interested in doing. After more research I’m leaning towards upgraded padding and leather through Katzkin or LeatherSeats. com. You can add ventilation with both. In the reviews I can’t seem to figure out how much additional bolstering there is for leg support but the Katzkin rep I spoke with claims to add an additional 3/4” of padding for additional comfort. Going this route retains all the factory seat movement and airbags. Looks good too!

Sponsored