Sponsored

AKturbo's "Dirty Betty" Build - Next up...Suspension v4!

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s secret about the diff skid? I need one!
It hasn’t been released yet! Once I get it and have the green light from the manufacturer I’ll post pics and more info. Arrives in a few days!

rguest3

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-350, F-450, 2022 Bronco, (2) 77 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which springs did you go with on the Icon CDEV?
Do you have the rear sway bar?

I have the CDEV with all their tubular links (stage 8) on my '21 without rear sway bar or track bar relocation and am contemplating putting in the heavier springs to settle the rear a bit on road around town. I recently found stiffening the rear shocks more than the front reduces the jostling. I haven't measured the preload on the rear springs, but at a quick glance it looks like the top 5 coils are touching each other.

Or, just speed up. The faster you go the better it handles.

OP
OP
akturbo

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Which springs did you go with on the Icon CDEV?
Do you have the rear sway bar?

I have the CDEV with all their tubular links (stage 8) on my '21 without rear sway bar or track bar relocation and am contemplating putting in the heavier springs to settle the rear a bit on road around town. I recently found stiffening the rear shocks more than the front reduces the jostling. I haven't measured the preload on the rear springs, but at a quick glance it looks like the top 5 coils are touching each other.

Or, just speed up. The faster you go the better it handles.
I got the standard springs for the rear. I talked to Icon, tech support suggested I go with standard springs since I'm not overlanding a majority of the time. I'll just stiffen the rear with the app if needed. You should call Icon and ask them about your setup, let me know what they tell you. Their springs aren't like other brands, no clue yet how they're supposed to behave.

I don't have a rear sway bar at all, but earlier this year I installed Metal Cloak rear links+trackbar and Icon tube UCA. Basically making my own Stage 8 setup.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the standard springs for the rear. I talked to Icon, tech support suggested I go with standard springs since I'm not overlanding a majority of the time. I'll just stiffen the rear with the app if needed. You should call Icon and ask them about your setup, let me know what they tell you. Their springs aren't like other brands, no clue yet how they're supposed to behave.

I don't have a rear sway bar at all, but earlier this year I installed Metal Cloak rear links+trackbar and Icon tube UCA. Basically making my own Stage 8 setup.
I'll talk to them before i pull the trigger.
I always run the Goose Gear plate and Dometic 45 fridge. I'm going to be adding the Turn offroad tire carrier and 37's. I really need to get under there and see how much preload the shop put on...
Sponsored