R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is starting to look like a boom for jeep and or 4-runner as they drive off all the interest they’ve created.
So true. I am a Ford fan, but have to admit that Ford is messing this up.

Release a half-baked B&P and keep it inaccurate for months, unleash dealer chicanery by eliminating x-plan, secretly prioritize dealer allocation over customer reservations, reveal that "200" accessories means an overpriced winch and some generic stuff, create bizarre polarizing interior trim colors, fail to keep reservation holders informed, announce a points "appreciation gift" then immediately slap customers with a price increase. Great job, Ford!

In addition to these issues, I have lost confidence in aftermarket support. BaseSquatch would have been fun to build, but I am now forced to concede that significant aftermarket upgrades are a fantasy and Ford won't build MY21 base models if they have parts to build an expensive model instead. BL or BD perhaps only viable choice now.

I will keep my 7/13 reservation and let it expire in March if things don't improve.
Sponsored

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks like I will be keeping my Jeep Rubicon. What Ford is doing is unethical and a nice example of bait and switch. I can’t wait for this to hit the auto news outlets. Ford you just screwed the pooch with this one.

VegasKoop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like I will be keeping my Jeep Rubicon. What Ford is doing is unethical and a nice example of bait and switch. I can’t wait for this to hit the auto news outlets. Ford you just screwed the pooch with this one.
So dramatic.

I believe BnP had a disclaimer RE price adjustments. Not sure you'll see it on 60 Minutes anytime soon

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am missing how the Jeep is priced “lower” or “differently “? What does it take to get an auto with 35” tires (oh wait, can’t) bead-locks (?) and an auto? It forces you into an optional engine and auto at over $3k plus Rubicon trim. Neither of the optional motors are really that competitive with the 2.3 and definitely not the 2.7. When I built the most comparable Jeep to my BL build, the pricing was almost exactly the same. Front and rear lockers = Rubicon. So any of the lower trims aren’t even a consideration. I don’t really care what anyone else does, I just don’t get where people are comparing and coming up with Jeep offering a lower price for comparable options. 4 Runner- reliable, super old technology and bad seating position. I can get employee pricing, but not interested at least with the current model. So Ford seems to be matching the market with a potentially better product (remains to be seen).
You are correct, but to be fare Jeep is offering a lot off their vehicles. Over on the Jeep forums they are getting 5-7% below invoice and some incentives. When that is applied, Bronco is not winning. If you want 35s then yes, bronco only.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First off everyone knew the free 10A was to good to be true. Now they've corrected it and added in the $1,595 for it. So the original price was $4995 but when you added it, it totaled $5790 to the options, most didn't catch this. That was for the the gearing which was $795. Now all they did was update and add the 10A but messed up and added it twice.

$4995
$ 795
$1595
------
$7385

Some might have missed this in another post today. I was glad to see this is being corrected.

Ford Bronco Almost $4000 price upgrade... Base Tweet

Sponsored

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3 to 4% price difference on average and no one has ordered anything. I think they will survive the scandal. I don’t know how many members are on the forum, but the order ranking post has 4K or so? If there are even 10k members it’s about 8%? Granted, passionate enthusiasts that matter, but not a majority by any means.

BroncOBX

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.polaris-intel.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150 FX4; Mavic 2 Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm thinking the B&P update is filled with glitches. The proverbial dumpster fire. Shit Show. Soup sandwich. Seems rushed. Hopefully the Ford crew will figure it out by D-Day.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Base Squatch. Nothing else added. Goes from $4995 to $8980. This is cut and pasted directly from build and price. Want a Bronco,but don't need one. The build I wanted has been under $40,000 for months, now it's not.

2021 Bronco
BASE
  • ESTIMATED NET PRICES5
    = $38,975
Sorry Ford, if this stands and is not an IT oops, a Sunday night back door price increase won't fly with me. I see a Canyon in my future if this stands. Will never buy a Fiat....
Yup, these threads will be a daily standard from now until they close the order books. This type of thread was thick as molasses on the Ranger forums for the 3 weeks between B&P going live and order banks opening. (Full disclosure: Prices for things will continue to change up to the moment they are on the order form! B&P is not Ford's legally binding contract price. It's a goalpost for what they will finally get down to based upon our ordering habits, what they are seeing on here, etc.) And FWIW, Squatch on the Base Bronco should be about $8K. It's a MASSIVE hardware upgrade over stock. You would be lucky to get out under $12,000 (plus labor) for all that hardware in the aftermarket.

Followed by a flood of new members who were lurkers until they put their order in the order books and want to share their build with the forums.

Then the second flood of new members once they take delivery and have some question so the google mindslaver directs them here. (All heil Google!)

Then the forum will be fun. Right now....... Well, read my signature. ?

Please note i'm not trying to insult people based on the price of a vehicle, Bronco will be the most expensive vehicle i've ever owned by a good margin. I live on a cash basis and generally don't have any credit so this will be a large monthly payment compared to the typical expenses of guitars, beer and ghost writers for my next album. And if the vehicle is too expensive for your budget, you should definitely not buy one!

Last edited:

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

and as usual... crickets from Ford .... nothing. No communications. No apology, no explanation. No acknowledgement of all the problems, no acknowledgment of our frustrations ... it's very clear that they truly don't give a rats ass.

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... But wait, I priced my build again today for my Wildtrak and it looks like the price may have come down slightly (I'm not sure, but I think the same config was closer to $59K before).
$57,655 with roof sound deadening, paint protection film, LUX pkg and leather interior.

Maybe Ford wants to entice people to get the upper trim levels instead of base. Get more for less kind of thing.

There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the page that the price is "Estimated" and subject to change.

Note.
Information is provided on an "as is" basis and could include technical, typographical or other errors. Ford makes no warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to, accuracy, currency, or completeness, the operation of the Site, the information, materials, content, availability, and products. Ford reserves the right to change product specifications, pricing and equipment at any time without incurring obligations. Your Ford dealer is the best source of the most up-to-date information on Ford vehicles.

Sponsored

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was avoiding going back to the B&P and pricing out my Badlands and as mentioned they are now charging for the auto transmission $1595. Honesty with the upcharge for the 2.7 it should have been included or at least inline with the F150 even though they do not offer a manual for any of the F150s. It appears they charge more for the Bronco at almost $3500 for the 2.7 and the AT. Even at this exuberant price it will not sway me to the 2.3. But it may sway me away from the Bronco. I need to rest on it as I have been; along with many of you, waiting a long time.

Fireman

Base
First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GLS, 12 Rubicon, 01 F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm thinking the B&P update is filled with glitches. The proverbial dumpster fire. Shit Show. Soup sandwich. Seems rushed. Hopefully the Ford crew will figure it out by D-Day.
total cluster f...they need to fire whoever is in charge of the B&P, a total mess.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
and as usual... crickets from Ford .... nothing. No communications. No apology, no explanation. No acknowledgement of all the problems, no acknowledgment of our frustrations ... it's very clear that they truly don't give a rats ass.
The auto journals follow this site also. When they start posting this news, Ford will need to justify somehow.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yea, it's sad. Jeep's going the same way, too. You'd be hard pressed to find a 2-door JL under 35k these days unless you factory order a Sport with almost nothing except air conditioning. You want a Sport S you're paying 40k+ and a Rubi...good luck.
Jeeps are always on sale at Bayway Jeep/Dodge/Ram in Houston. I’m sure they will ship out of state...

Ford Bronco Almost $4000 price upgrade... 2DF7A999-7F59-4300-8540-97821954D974

Ford Bronco Almost $4000 price upgrade... 094E3200-35AF-46A6-88FD-C0126AEE2DF1

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
... But wait, I priced my build again today for my Wildtrak and it looks like the price may have come down slightly (I'm not sure, but I think the same config was closer to $59K before).
$57,655 with roof sound deadening, paint protection film, LUX pkg and leather interior.

Maybe Ford wants to entice people to get the upper trim levels instead of base. Get more for less kind of thing.

There is a disclaimer at the bottom of the page that the price is "Estimated" and subject to change.

Note.
Information is provided on an "as is" basis and could include technical, typographical or other errors. Ford makes no warranties, representations, or guarantees of any kind, express or implied, including but not limited to, accuracy, currency, or completeness, the operation of the Site, the information, materials, content, availability, and products. Ford reserves the right to change product specifications, pricing and equipment at any time without incurring obligations. Your Ford dealer is the best source of the most up-to-date information on Ford vehicles.
This is Fords answer to every complaint made here. Whatever they choose to do leaves you with zero recourse.
Sponsored