Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They are legit. I got a set about a week and a half ago from Adam. Slight price bump since then but use the quote button on the website to get your best price.,
Yes we lost some $$ actually on some quotes over a weekend. AMP had a price increase that we didn't realize so some folks got them for the original quoted price. We didn't go into the negative but lost a bit of profits :(
Sponsored

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

mediaMark

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX8, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ordered from Adam/4x4TruckLEDs on 2/16, Delivered on 2/19, and they're installed and working great!

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ordered from Adam/4x4TruckLEDs on 2/16, Delivered on 2/19, and they're installed and working great!

Lucky you. I installed mine and they don't work and technical support is non-existent. Amp states on their website what wait times could be 24-48 hours and we're beyond that and still no contact. I haven't driven my truck in a week. Caveat Emptor!

Has anyone purchasing these successfully installed them on a 2023?

@4x4TruckLEDs.com what's the return process? If I can't use these, I don't need them.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lucky you. I installed mine and they don't work and technical support is non-existent. Amp states on their website what wait times could be 24-48 hours and we're beyond that and still no contact. I haven't driven my truck in a week. Caveat Emptor!

@4x4TruckLEDs.com what's the return process? If I can't use these, I don't need them.
What issue are you having with them? Maybe you connected to the wrong trigger wires? I've got a '23 but it's not here yet so they are still in the box. Have installed a couple other sets in the past, never an issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry can't help you much if I don't know what's going on or your order #.

Chances are you didn't connect something if it's not working

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry can't help you much if I don't know what's going on or your order #.

Chances are you didn't connect something if it's not working
Well I sent you an two e-mails last week and you responded to one but did not address my primary question of whether you had a pin out for the connector that I'm supposed to tap into, because the wire colors are not matching. I'm pretty sure I have it wired correctly and the boards retract, but nothing happens when either door is opened. Other than access, because I'm a full grown man that doesn't exactly fit in the 2' by 2' footwell, this is a pretty easy wiring job and I'm not an idiot. I've also used the posi connectors on several stereo setups in the past and I know how finicky they can be if not connected properly. I'm a pretty seasoned wrench and I've connected and reconnected these connectors a half dozen times now. AMP is who's customer support I was referring to. It's their product and their customer service I think should be helping, not necessarily you as a vendor. But, I'll take anything anyone has to offer. Order is #30114.

Don't get defensive of this post. I just think this is something potential purchasers need to know. If you have a problem, you might well be on your own.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well I sent you an two e-mails last week and you responded to one but did not address my primary question of whether you had a pin out for the connector that I'm supposed to tap into, because the wire colors are not matching. I'm pretty sure I have it wired correctly and the boards retract, but nothing happens when either door is opened. Other than access, because I'm a full grown man that doesn't exactly fit in the 2' by 2' footwell, this is a pretty easy wiring job and I'm not an idiot. I've also used the posi connectors on several stereo setups in the past and I know how finicky they can be if not connected properly. I'm a pretty seasoned wrench and I've connected and reconnected these connectors a half dozen times now. AMP is who's customer support I was referring to. It's their product and their customer service I think should be helping, not necessarily you as a vendor. But, I'll take anything anyone has to offer. Order is #30114.

Don't get defensive of this post. I just think this is something potential purchasers need to know. If you have a problem, you might well be on your own.
You probably don't have something wired correctly as I explained if they are not retracting. As I stated in my email, you need to plug in the ODBII and you need to tap into 2 wires.

Without any additional info there's not much we can do to help you. We didn't install the product for you. As long as you follow the instructions we emailed they should work fine, so again as stated in our email it sounds like you didn't connect something,.

Send us photos of every connection you made. Becuase you stated in your email to us "I’m not finding a gray wire with orange stripe" indicating you didn't connect the wires you need to.

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You probably don't have something wired correctly as I explained if they are not retracting. As I stated in my email, you need to plug in the ODBII and you need to tap into 2 wires.

Without any additional info there's not much we can do to help you. We didn't install the product for you. As long as you follow the instructions we emailed they should work fine, so again as stated in our email it sounds like you didn't connect something,.
Assume I have it wired correctly. What's my next step? Is there a way to diagnose the module to make sure it's not defective? I can't imagine these are bulletproof. If there's one in 1,000 that are defective, I'm going to get it. That's how I roll.

Send us photos of every connection you made. Because you stated in your email to us "I’m not finding a gray wire with orange stripe" indicating you didn't connect the wires you need to.
There are two gray wires. I have tapped into both of them and still no difference. I've just disconnected all the wires so I can at least drive my truck until AMP's support calls or someone can give me some diagnostics to run. Do you have a number I can call? All they seem to have is e-mail.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Assume I have it wired correctly. What's my next step? Is there a way to diagnose the module to make sure it's not defective? I can't imagine these are bulletproof. If there's one in 1,000 that are defective, I'm going to get it. That's how I roll.

There are two gray wires. I have tapped into both of them and still no difference. I've just disconnected all the wires so I can at least drive my truck until AMP's support calls or someone can give me some diagnostics to run. Do you have a number I can call? All they seem to have is e-mail.
You have it wired wrong if you are talking about two grey wires...

There is a grey w/orange stripe wire
and
purple w/orange stripe wire

that you need to tap into. I had emailed you a photo of where this bundle was. Circled in red is the bundle that contains the 2 wires you need. These wires are NOT behind the ODBII port. If you are tapping into wires BEHIND the ODBII port you are following the RANGER instructions. The BRONCO wire bundle is tucked up under the footwell as shown here:

Ford Bronco AMP Research Powerstep Running Boards | NOW SHIPPING am

Ford Bronco AMP Research Powerstep Running Boards | NOW SHIPPING 1677971208178

Ford Bronco AMP Research Powerstep Running Boards | NOW SHIPPING 1677971231371

Sponsored

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep….I had to download the Bronco instructions.

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dude, I'm telling you I did all that and it's been checked and rechecked. I guess I'll wait for AMP to contact me because you are not being helpful at all and it's an insult to me to assumie that I can't hook up 6 wires. Suppose a fully loaded WideTrac has different colored wires? Are they not just now coming out? Has AMP fully vetted fitment and wire colors? If they don't contact me by Wednesday, I will be filing a dispute on my credit card.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dude, I'm telling you I did all that and it's been checked and rechecked. I guess I'll wait for AMP to contact me because you are not being helpful at all and it's an insult to me to assumie that I can't hook up 6 wires. Suppose a fully loaded WideTrac has different colored wires? Are they not just now coming out? Has AMP fully vetted fitment and wire colors? If they don't contact me by Wednesday, I will be filing a dispute on my credit card.
You emailed us stating you didn't see the wire you needed to use... at the same time you emailed us stating they were not working. So based on the fact you could not find the wire you needed to connect to AND you were having an issue tells me you didn't connect the wires... because again, you told me via email that you did not find the wire you needed....

You've yet to show a photo of your installation as well. So there's not much I can do to help you. You told me you couldn't find a wire. You couldn't get them to work. So I told you that you need to connect the wires... so i don't quite understand what's going on here. You didn't connect the wires per your email to us...

It's also 2 wires... not 6 so again... I have a feeling you are doing something wrong since you are trying to connect 6 wires when there are only 2 you need to tap into...

We've sold TONS of these and installed quite a few, and nobody has reported issues. Especially when they made statements to us stating they could not find the wire to connect to and then nothing worked... I mean right there tells me you didn't connect something, based on again... what you told me.

So im sorry, i don't think there's much we can do to help you. Because it's our belief you don't have something hooked up right since you've stated numerous times about either not finding the wires to connect and/or working with too many wires...

Please post a photo of how you have them spliced in

You can't file a dispute on your credit card for improper installation. That's not how credit card disputes work lol. Just because you don't know how to install the product doesn't mean you get to file a dispute. So thanks for letting us know you are in pocession of the product. We'll save this if/when you file a dispute as evidence you have the product.

You don't need to be so hostile either. Because that's not going to get us to help you....

I'm willing to help someone but when you are being negative and nasty with us and threatening on a public message board... well, then we're not going to assist you, especially when you've made it clear you are not installing something correctly

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
All I've ever asked you for is a pin out of the for the Ford module, if you even have one. This pic is only helpful to find to the connector. Attachment points are obliterated.

Ford Bronco AMP Research Powerstep Running Boards | NOW SHIPPING Bronco module

I've identified 3 wires, moreso out of a process of elimination, and only one is purple, the other two are gray. I want to make sure the wires I believe to be correct are. I have tapped the purple wire and each of the gray wires in different instances and nothing works, either side. What you sense as hostility is extreme frustration. The six wires I was referring to are these two, the two purple wires that also attach to the OBD connector, the power and the ground. I've found a few diagnostic processes on AMP website I'm going to try today. I'll wait to hear from AMP.
Sponsored