Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can I ask what the big concern is with the tach? Not that its digital - I get that part.
I drove manual for years and after the first week or two in a new car, I never looked at the tach again. I am clearly missing/forgetting something..
I was thinking the same thing, I never look at the tach either, only when I first learned standard.
I hear/feel the engine to shift, I personally think a tach is a big waste of space! lol
Sponsored

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also find the instrument cluster to be an area of exceptionally poor design. I’m fairly young and maybe it’s a generational thing but I actually prefer a digital speedometer over a physical one and would have preferred the Bronco have an analog tach and a larger text size speedometer.

Or maybe my Challenger’s instrument cluster spoiled me 👻. I highly doubt they fix it with an over the air update. I don’t think there’s a precedent for Ford doing something that substantial in their other vehicles.
I like that Ford incorporated a nod to the first gen with the speedo and dash top cut out, it's called paying homage to it's roots and very cool, hope they never update! lol

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We had these same arguments in the 80s. Analog is clearly better, and not having a tach just seems silly. Ideally we could play with a custom dash. The small screen already looks dated in my opinion.
I would definitely consider a tack mounted on a picatinny rail or even a hood mounted one like on the old Pontiacs (if done correctly).

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm all for an analog tach or a digital representation of one.

I'm sure I can get used to the digital bar graph.... But I will never like it. Yuck!

As far as the need for one: In heavy traffic with lots of noise (wind, tires, other vehicles) I've found myself needlessly running high RPMs many times after downshifting for a maneuver and then forgetting to upshift once complete. These new motors give little feedback at all other than through a tach.
Sponsored