First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi there, I'm new to the forum, so sorry if that was already discussed.

So, I have recently bought a gas grill, which my friends didn't approve of, so we had a small debate on the topic of gas vs other grills while having fine cold beers.
I thought I could share our thoughts with you. so here it is.
(the following content represents my own opinion, and it is not meant to offend anyone, etc. I will include source links, cause I used a lot of info from the web)

Each type of grill offer’s its own unique benefits.
Most gas grills use liquid propane gas from a tank that’s hooked right up to the grill. (However, it’s possible to connect some grills to the same fuel tank that powers your kitchen range or even to a gas line that runs to your house.) The beauty of a gas grill is that it’s easy to “light” and only takes about 10 minutes until it’s hot enough for you to throw on some burgers. And when you’re finished, you simply turn off the gas — you don’t have to wait for the coals to die down and then carefully dispose of them.

Cooking with charcoal imparts that classic charbroiled, smoky taste into food that gives barbecued meats their unforgettable flavor. However, that taste comes with a drawback – since charcoal emits smoke, it also imparts carcinogenic compounds into the food and the air. Cooking with charcoal requires adequate space. It creates immense heat and produces a lot of smoke, which can cause trouble if you are grilling near a multi-family dwelling or other people.

Unlike gas or charcoal grills, electric grills only require an outlet to work. You plug them into the wall or an extension cord and they heat up in minutes.
You can buy electric grills in a variety of sizes, from a personal-sized, serving-for-one countertop grill to a large outdoor setup ideal for parties and get-togethers.
However, it’s important to remember that electric grills may not create the same traditional smoky flavor you enjoy from charcoal and gas-powered machines. They do not impart a charbroiled taste, which may impact their appeal for some audiences.

There are several different characteristics that you might want to keep in the back of your mind when you are looking for your new grill. While these features are not essentials, they will certainly make your grilling life a lot easier. Tool hooks and wheels are a great option, for instance. The tool hooks will allow you to put down your grilling gear when you aren’t using it, and wheels will make the appliance much more portable.

Share your opinions on the pros and cons, I'd really like to hear from you!

cheers,
R.
---
sources:
https://www.thekitchn.com/gas-grills-explainer-23044112
https://grillguru.org/best-electric-grill/
https://buythermopro.com/knowledge/gas-grill-vs-electric-grill-vs-charcoal-grill/
Sponsored

Pork-n-Bean

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moon Vehicle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I prefer gas and throwing in some wood in a smoker box to add some real wood flavor. It's not the most awesome way of doing things, but the best trade-off for time and convenience for me.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used gas grilles for years (with a foil pouch of wood chips for smoke), then about 3 years ago, I spent the money on a Traeger pellet grille/smoker - I LOVE IT. The only downside is the direct-heat is not as good as what you can get from a gas or charcoal grille, so you can't 'sear' with it - but that's a reasonable sacrifice for how awesome it is.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just here to say that BBQ and grill are two different things. BBQ involves a smoker. Thank you. That is all.

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just bought a 36” Camp Chef pellet smoker and it is awesome. I also have a 36” Weber gas grill and a 36” black stone griddle. With these tools I can deliver.

I was never a charcoal guy, been gas my whole life, pellets have totally changed what I can deliver and that is real BBQ.
Ford Bronco Any BBQ grill lovers here? 395C590E-4F8C-496C-869C-1E0F9CFD7361

Ford Bronco Any BBQ grill lovers here? 9EBE9BA4-7AA1-4A06-80C0-589E21426BA4

Ford Bronco Any BBQ grill lovers here? 89065CEF-BFD7-42BC-B542-0B3C1A13C659

Ford Bronco Any BBQ grill lovers here? F6CE3EA0-70DF-40EF-94D0-4256D22375FF

Ford Bronco Any BBQ grill lovers here? 315F5AC6-9C8C-4E36-826F-FE2B308DD008

Ford Bronco Any BBQ grill lovers here? 89AA69E6-9AF0-41DC-AB09-BEBA41A02036

Last edited:

Sponsored

james1414d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yugo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Two of my machines. A home built offset smoker and the crown jewel.....Hastybake 131. I have a RecTeq 700 pellet grill and a PKGO as well. Kinda my main hobby 🤪
Ford Bronco Any BBQ grill lovers here? 20230301_183003
Ford Bronco Any BBQ grill lovers here? 20230306_160636

Ft. Worth Rob

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X7, Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would have five more grills and smokers if the wife would allow but I get by with a 36” Lynx, large green egg and a cookshack electric smoker. 🤣

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For daily life, IMO, nothing beats a gas grill, had my house built with a natural gas outlet for my Blaze 40" gas grill, but don't get me wrong, also have a charcoal Kamado Joe Classic III, and a wood grill kit for my Solo Stove Bonfire. But the charcoal and wood grills only get used on weekends or special events.
Sponsored