Sponsored

Any long term updates on aftermarket flush tail lights?

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My pass side tail light got some unintentional damage from my high jack mount.
So I figured to replace it with new Led flush tail lights.

Does anyone have long term experience with them and any quality issues they may have?

Any recommendations for a Base chongo

Before I buy a set.

Thanks peeps
Sponsored

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

posted this in another thread but overall oracle has been great for about a year now.

oracle thoughts/review:
great, should have been the stock look. i hit one stock one wheeling and banged it up and replaced with oracle. nice low profile and reverse is nuts bright in a good way.

not doing it again but i would get the amber/white kit if i was installing it from the start. it wasn't available when released.

install tips:
  • take your time and don't break tabs. it's not hard though.
  • i zipped the required resistor to the blis sensor tabs. easy location.
  • electrical tape the connector from the brake light to the reverse light. mine was disconnected to start and came loose again. pia to remove and fix.
  • they are stupid hard to get flush. i ended up using some thick felt washers to get it even (especially drivers side)

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I love mine and have had no issues. The install is easy. The spacer washers provided at the time (not sure if they updated them) are garbage. But thanks to @broncorik he found that rubber bump stops can be easily modified to be used instead.

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

posted this in another thread but overall oracle has been great for about a year now.

oracle thoughts/review:
great, should have been the stock look. i hit one stock one wheeling and banged it up and replaced with oracle. nice low profile and reverse is nuts bright in a good way.

not doing it again but i would get the amber/white kit if i was installing it from the start. it wasn't available when released.

install tips:
  • take your time and don't break tabs. it's not hard though.
  • i zipped the required resistor to the blis sensor tabs. easy location.
  • electrical tape the connector from the brake light to the reverse light. mine was disconnected to start and came loose again. pia to remove and fix.
  • they are stupid hard to get flush. i ended up using some thick felt washers to get it even (especially drivers side)
Thank you for all the good info. I did post this originally in the lighting section but some admin moved it to here 🤷🏻‍♂️

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love mine and have had no issues. The install is easy. The spacer washers provided at the time (not sure if they updated them) are garbage. But thanks to @broncorik he found that rubber bump stops can be easily modified to be used instead.
These are sweet too

So oracle is the only game in town

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No trouble. Great lights.

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BB 4D, '97 BMW 323ti, '90 Miata, '02 NSX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
+1 on loving my Oracle flush tails. Install was pretty easy, I also had an early order so hopefully the spacer situation is better now. Wound up getting hubs to 3D print some to the height I needed (using a super technical “washers high” measurement). Honestly, the newness hasn’t worn off and every time I see factory tails it dumbfounds me how awful they are. And yeah, the backup lights are stupid bright.

Get them.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

+1 on loving my Oracle flush tails. Install was pretty easy, I also had an early order so hopefully the spacer situation is better now. Wound up getting hubs to 3D print some to the height I needed (using a super technical “washers high” measurement). Honestly, the newness hasn’t worn off and every time I see factory tails it dumbfounds me how awful they are. And yeah, the backup lights are stupid bright.

Get them.
Agree on the look of the stock tails. I'm constantly looking back at my Luna with flush mount body-color tails and admire the slimming booty lift it gives.

OP
OP
TheGriffin1313

TheGriffin1313

Base
First Name
Mongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mav
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I figure to put in the 4pin trailer hitch adapter since it would be the best opportunity.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have had zero issues with oracle. They look great and have given me zero issues. Install was very easy, worth the investment in my opinion
Sponsored