Sponsored

Anyone Have the Spiderwebshade for the 2 Door? How Do You Like It?

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking to buy a mesh top for a 2 door looking for a review of the Spiderwebshade. Also, is it possible to leave it on and put the hard top back on over it?
Sponsored

broox

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
broox.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Figured I follow up here since I had the same questions... but I just bought one and now have answers.

Pros:
  • Don't need to modify anything on the vehicle to install, aside from screwing a few mounting points into existing, threaded holes
  • Super easy to add/remove with no tools (takes literally 1-minute)
  • Holds tight with no flapping at 70+
  • Provides nice shade from the sun
  • Super discreet
  • Still offers visibility upward (especially with darker color shades)
Cons:
  • I wish they offered the threaded mounting points in black instead of silver
  • Have to remove the shade to add/remove the hardtop (doesn't bother me a bit)
As for the hardtop question... the front of the shade attaches to hardtop latching points and you wouldn't be able to reach all of the other latches with the shade on anyway. So you gotta remove it, but it takes no time compared the adding/removing the hardtop anyway.

I personally don't like running a shade all the time. I just want it for super hot, sunny days. So, being able to quickly remove it was a requirement for me.

I also have the 2-door TopLift Pro, which requires access to the roof in front of the roll-bars. You wouldn't be able to access that with any sunshade in place.

If you're someone that likes to run their top semi-permanently with/without the hardtop on, check out JTops. Otherwise, Spiderwebshade is great!

Ford Bronco Anyone Have the Spiderwebshade for the 2 Door?  How Do You Like It? spiderwebshade-installed
Ford Bronco Anyone Have the Spiderwebshade for the 2 Door?  How Do You Like It? spiderwebshad

Last edited:

cdcsf

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB Sprinter 4x4, '22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As for the hardtop question... the front of the shade attaches to hardtop latching points and you wouldn't be able to reach all of the other latches with the shade on anyway. So you gotta remove it, but it takes no time compared the adding/removing the hardtop anyway.
If you're someone that likes to run their top semi-permanently with/without the hardtop on, check out JTops. Otherwise, Spiderwebshade is great!
I have a 4 door and the spiderweb shade. I love it; I previously had it on my Wrangler Unlimited.

I left the shade on when I put my hardtop back on for a few days and had no issues reaching the latches panels. I did have to unhook the spiderweb shade at the front and at one point on each side in order to put the front and middle panels back on, so this released a little tension so that I could reach the latch panels.

BulldogBuck

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 4 door and the spiderweb shade. I love it; I previously had it on my Wrangler Unlimited.

I left the shade on when I put my hardtop back on for a few days and had no issues reaching the latches panels. I did have to unhook the spiderweb shade at the front and at one point on each side in order to put the front and middle panels back on, so this released a little tension so that I could reach the latch panels.
Hey Chris, I have a couple of questions for you. I have a soft top so you may or may not know on that 1.
1) Are you getting any flapping, especially at highway speeds (75-80mph)?
2) My wife is a sun worshipper so I'll only be running this on the hotter days. Once the initial install is complete how long would you say is the reinstall and take downs?
3) Do you think I'll be able to flip the soft top back up and latch it without touching the Spiderweb? Or do what you did with the hardtop and just unhook the front.
4) How much sun makes it through the front gap? Will it drive me crazy when the sun is at that perfect angle and comes through the gap and behind my sunglasses?
Thanks,
Josh

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Chris, I have a couple of questions for you. I have a soft top so you may or may not know on that 1.
1) Are you getting any flapping, especially at highway speeds (75-80mph)?
2) My wife is a sun worshipper so I'll only be running this on the hotter days. Once the initial install is complete how long would you say is the reinstall and take downs?
3) Do you think I'll be able to flip the soft top back up and latch it without touching the Spiderweb? Or do what you did with the hardtop and just unhook the front.
4) How much sun makes it through the front gap? Will it drive me crazy when the sun is at that perfect angle and comes through the gap and behind my sunglasses?
Thanks,
Josh
Moar door with soft top, no hard top yet. The Spiderwebshade does not flap at highway speeds. Super easy to install and the soft top can be easily and quickly be enjoyed- either opened or latched closed - Not a real problemo with sun coming thru the "front gap". Great American product, No complaints!
Ford Bronco Anyone Have the Spiderwebshade for the 2 Door?  How Do You Like It? 20230430_171323

BulldogBuck

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you sir!!
Sponsored