Sponsored

Anyone make white steel wheels that look like the BD ones?

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, I guess I already asked the question in the title, but.....

Does anyone make white steelies that look like the BD ones?

Would it be easier to get them powder coated? I’m not too familiar with the cost of the process.
Sponsored

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That‘s not so bad. Thanks.
No, it' more annoying than anything else. If you want to keep driving the car, since you've got a full size spare you'd just do one at a time.

That said for a steel wheel the economics may not make a hell of a lot of sense, if someone makes white ones that's probably a better idea... they may not cost a lot more than powder coating your stock ones.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Anyone make white steel wheels that look like the BD ones? White-Steel-Wheels

White steelies are so sweet. Imagine these on a Rapid Red 2-door.

Just find something like this in a 6x139.7 bolt pattern.
That‘s it! That’s what I’m looking for. However, most that I find are black.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There are DOZENS of options for steelies, and they come standard as un-painted but for a few bucks more they can be had in the same patterns but in chrome polish, white or black. You can get them at every Tom, Dick and Jane tire shop across the country, all you have to do is ask.

Steelies have been readily available for decades. So I suppose the most correct answer to your question is:

Do a google search. just about ANY google search for tire shops near you, or steelies, or wheels, or one of just about any questions related to wheels/steelies and you'll have something whipped up and on their way to you. Not like you're going to be mounting the tires yourself anyway, so go through a tire shop to purchase as they will also mount the tires for you.*

I did make a bold assumption that if google searching steelies was not something that came naturally then you most likely haven't purchased many aftermarket wheels, so going through a tire shop will be very beneficial for you.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There are DOZENS of options for steelies, and they come standard as un-painted but for a few bucks more they can be had in the same patterns but in chrome polish, white or black. You can get them at every Tom, Dick and Jane tire shop across the country, all you have to do is ask.

Steelies have been readily available for decades. So I suppose the most correct answer to your question is:

Do a google search. just about ANY google search for tire shops near you, or steelies, or wheels, or one of just about any questions related to wheels/steelies and you'll have something whipped up and on their way to you. Not like you're going to be mounting the tires yourself anyway, so go through a tire shop to purchase as they will also mount the tires for you.*

I did make a bold assumption that if google searching steelies was not something that came naturally then you most likely haven't purchased many aftermarket wheels, so going through a tire shop will be very beneficial for you.
Ya, whenever I search all I find are black painted ones. I guess they think everyone is going to put a hubcap over them.

Sponsored

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Personally I'll be painting or plastidiping mine myself. That way if i don't like it no big loss, just repaint or peel them.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ya, whenever I search all I find are black painted ones. I guess they think everyone is going to put a hubcap over them.
unpainted silver is standard. remove the color selection from your search. Or simply call a discount tire or any tire shop that you see interesting cars at (ie: nothing made after 1970).

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Personally I'll be painting or plastidiping mine myself. That way if i don't like it no big loss, just repaint or peel them.
Another good option.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Actually, it's because black wheels are in style. White, Silver, and Chrome are not. Look at all the luxury cars that now charge top dollar to delete the chrome trim and replace it with black.

You do you, but that's the reasoning behind having trouble finding them.