sasquatches

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrx
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is anyone or any company making a backup camera washer?

The camera is not usable in rain and snow at all. I tried plastic rainX, but it didn’t help much. it would be nice if we have a rear camera washer. I think it must be trivial to fit a hose through the spare and mount a nozzle on a bracket to point at the camera. Given that we already have a washer hose for the rear window, it should straightforward to split it and route a hose out of the tailgate. Even better, the hose is not used at all on models with soft top.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jdc

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Given that we already have a washer hose for the rear window, it should straightforward to split it and route a hose out of the tailgate. Even better, the hose is not used at all on models with soft top.
IF you have the hard top prep kit, which my Bronco did not include due to early build date 😭

I agree it does tend to get covered up with road grime in the snow, I've never had any problems when it was raining though.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Use your mirrors

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

the backup camera getting "dirty" is always going ot happen. Happens to every vehicle I've owned or driven that had one when it rains etc. Not much you can do about while driving, and spraying it isn't gonna do any good. Just walk behind it and wipe it with your finger when you see it's dirty.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finger my camera as well. Works like a charm.

I agree that a spray nozzle would be pretty handy though. I wish the headlights had them too - Especially when they have ice/snow on them and the lack of heat given off by LED.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone or any company making a backup camera washer?

The camera is not usable in rain and snow at all. I tried plastic rainX, but it didn’t help much. it would be nice if we have a rear camera washer. I think it must be trivial to fit a hose through the spare and mount a nozzle on a bracket to point at the camera. Given that we already have a washer hose for the rear window, it should straightforward to split it and route a hose out of the tailgate. Even better, the hose is not used at all on models with soft top.
I have a good one. Towel in hand, wipe, repeat if needed. Bigger towel more wipes.

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finger my camera as well. Works like a charm.

I agree that a spray nozzle would be pretty handy though. I wish the headlights had them too - Especially when they have ice/snow on them and the lack of heat given off by LED.
I finger mine all the time as well, however, I have to admit, it does feel a little... idk.... dirty. :)
Sponsored