Sponsored

ARB Old Man Emu Suspension (Coming Soon)

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I emailed ARB inquiring about an ETA for the BP 51 Coilover kit (top of the line Old Man Emu kit). I received the below response from the Regional Sales Manager. This is good news as the OME stuff is great stuff. For those not wanting to go full coilovers, there are non coilover kits available too.

"We will definitely have a BP51 kit for the new Bronco. That said, I just drove our 4 door Outer Banks with front and rear ARB bumpers (with a winch up front), rock sliders, 35” KO2s and a prototype OME suspension. To say that I’m impressed is an understatement. It drove far smoother than when stock and also better than our Sasquatch equipped 4dr. Our engineers spent a lot of time dialing it in for the added weight (and weight distribution). I was able to watch some of the testing that was done and they pushed it to do things you’ll never do with your own truck. Their efforts have paid off, the results were impressive.

When we do the BP51 kit I expect it to be even better. There is no ETA yet on the BP kit."
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spooled

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I also followed up and asked about air lockers for the M190 front axle and was told they will be available for all ratios and may be available already for some (3.73 probably)

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also followed up and asked about air lockers for the M190 front axle and was told they will be available for all ratios and may be available already for some (3.73 probably)

I love my OME kit on my JK, great stuff.

Sponsored

kanecs

First Edition
First Name
Kane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NAS Defender 90, GX470, 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I emailed ARB inquiring about an ETA for the BP 51 Coilover kit (top of the line Old Man Emu kit). I received the below response from the Regional Sales Manager. This is good news as the OME stuff is great stuff. For those not wanting to go full coilovers, there are non coilover kits available too.

"We will definitely have a BP51 kit for the new Bronco. That said, I just drove our 4 door Outer Banks with front and rear ARB bumpers (with a winch up front), rock sliders, 35” KO2s and a prototype OME suspension. To say that I’m impressed is an understatement. It drove far smoother than when stock and also better than our Sasquatch equipped 4dr. Our engineers spent a lot of time dialing it in for the added weight (and weight distribution). I was able to watch some of the testing that was done and they pushed it to do things you’ll never do with your own truck. Their efforts have paid off, the results were impressive.

When we do the BP51 kit I expect it to be even better. There is no ETA yet on the BP kit."
Have you gotten an update on the OME coil overs? Thanks!

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like OME released a simple suspension upgrade. Doesn't appear to be the BP 51, but its nice to have more options hitting the shelves. They have 3 load options and 2 variants of each (looks like 2.3 and 2.7 engine types). Full suspension upgrade for about $1600. I don't see any details on what the lift amount is or if there is increased travel or what. I'm curious how it compares to Sasquatch suspension.

Includes:​
-3198 Front Coil​
-90047 (2) Front Struts​
-FK110 Trim Packer (Front)​
-3204 Rear Coil​
-90048 (2) Rear Struts​
-FK109 Panhard Relocation Bracket​
-FK111 Trim Packer (Rear)​

sanford

Black Diamond
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Subaru Crosstrek, BD Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone install OME on a Bronco yet?

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For Overlanding, carrying weight, etc would you choose KING, OME BP-51 (when it comes out), or FOX?

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OME BP-51 coming soon!!!! :)

Sponsored

mspeter

Badlands
First Name
MP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Badlands 7-spd, ‘20 F350 Dually, & 3x M422A1s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bump - to OME - ETA for BP51 for Bronco ? (non Raptor)

Had a 3” lift combo of your MD and HD springs and LTR shocks on a Disco1 for 20 years; flawless.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For Overlanding, carrying weight, etc would you choose KING, OME BP-51 (when it comes out), or FOX?
I know this is a few months old, but I've seen some King and Icon setups max out preload on heavier Broncos. I believe both will be offering heavier springs for overlanding build outs.

I've heard lots of great about bp-51 from the overlanding wrangler crowd. Of the premium coli-over options, I feel ARB will cater best to overlanders vs the more race oriented king and icon.

I haven't seen much on the Fox yet. Hoping they'll come out with an electronic option like factory Raptor, Icon CDEV IIC, and SDI E-Click.
https://eclikshocks.com/

Also I've heard the North East winters and salted roads can shorten the time between rebuilds on the King/Icon vs BP-51 (not rebuildable).

I'm still leaning towards the Icon CDEV IIC. I will try to keep the weight low, maybe replace all the skids with aluminum, or see what Icon comes up with for heavier loads.
The Story Till Now has a good segment on the Icons

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this is a few months old, but I've seen some King and Icon setups max out preload on heavier Broncos. I believe both will be offering heavier springs for overlanding build outs.

I've heard lots of great about bp-51 from the overlanding wrangler crowd. Of the premium coli-over options, I feel ARB will cater best to overlanders vs the more race oriented king and icon.

I haven't seen much on the Fox yet. Hoping they'll come out with an electronic option like factory Raptor, Icon CDEV IIC, and SDI E-Click.
https://eclikshocks.com/

Also I've heard the North East winters and salted roads can shorten the time between rebuilds on the King/Icon vs BP-51 (not rebuildable).

I'm still leaning towards the Icon CDEV IIC. I will try to keep the weight low, maybe replace all the skids with aluminum, or see what Icon comes up with for heavier loads.
The Story Till Now has a good segment on the Icons
Great video and yet another proof “for me” that the Braptor will be a terrible Overlanding vehicle. It already has lower payload capability, then add “stuff” and it will squat.

I’m still holding out for OME

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video and yet another proof “for me” that the Braptor will be a terrible Overlanding vehicle. It already has lower payload capability, then add “stuff” and it will squat.

I’m still holding out for OME
It's too wide and can barely fit 38" tires. Much better off with lift and 37's on a regular Bronco.
I was in the market for the Raptor, but If I'm going that wide, I want 40's. I'll be looking at portals if I want to go above 37's. Much better clearance and less width than Raptor.
Sponsored