mig1980

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good day everyone. I will be receiving my 2023 OBX (no SAS) in the next month.

I will be installing 35s on it and would like your input on how Old Man Emu kits would compare to say the HOSS 3.0 on the 2023 Wildtrak or the Eibach Pro-Truck Coilover Stage 2 kit?

What would be the best option for around $2k to fit 35s with primary use being street driving with an occasional trail here and there?
Sponsored

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO Old Man Emu kits/springs are good up grades for over-landers and those carrying extra weight. Neither OME or Eibachs are going to match the ride comfort of HOSS 3.0. I just installed the Eibach Stage 2.0...the steering/roll/nose dive are all noticeably better however the ride is noticeably stiffer as well and I'm ok with that. Best bang for your buck would be to find some regular SAS or HOSS 3.0 take-offs. Also, If you start going more than 2" lift you'll need to think about upgrading the front upper control arms and rear track bar. Also, I would plan to upgrade the tie rods and steering rack bushings.

dj101nyc

Wildtrak
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend w/4.27 & rear dif
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will be installing 35s on it and would like your input on how Old Man Emu kits would compare to say the HOSS 3.0 on the 2023 Wildtrak or the Eibach Pro-Truck Coilover Stage 2 kit?

What would be the best option for around $2k to fit 35s with primary use being street driving with an occasional trail here and there?
Adding to the other persons comment, you should look into the ford performance 2 inch lift coilovers, they're Bilsteins tuned specifically for non Sas OBX BD BB base models.

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re not planning to overland long distances with big loads of gear, food then you don’t need the awesomeness of Old Man Emu suspension. But “want” is a different situation. ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP
mig1980

mig1980

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you all for the feedback. I am really looking for the ability to fit 35s but have a comfortable ride on the street. Those are my main priorities.