Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just installed an Arb twin onboard compressor and extended the port outside the hood and on by aux switch. Was wondering what’s peoples experiences with running the compressor with the hood closed is. I’m worried may overheat? Thanks, Bronto.41
Sponsored

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have an under hood mount and remote coupler. Make sure the intake for the compressor is facing away from the heat of the engine and you should be fine.

Roach011

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have the dual setup under the hood as well. I will only run it with the hood up just to promote as much air movement as is possible. This is especially necessary depending on the ambient temps you're in. Texas summer vs Utah Winter.

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I
I have the dual setup under the hood as well. I will only run it with the hood up just to promote as much air movement as is possible. This is especially necessary depending on the ambient temps you're in. Texas summer vs Utah Winter.
Would also think, based on how awesomely fast that system is, it won't be on long enough to build up dangerous levels of heat - your thoughts?

Roach011

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine gets extremely hot relative to the outside temps. i have to use gloves to connect and disconnect the air fittings.

Sponsored

Roach011

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I
Would also think, based on how awesomely fast that system is, it won't be on long enough to build up dangerous levels of heat - your thoughts?

Mine gets extremely hot relative to the outside temps. i have to use gloves to connect and disconnect the air fittings.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just installed an Arb twin onboard compressor and extended the port outside the hood and on by aux switch. Was wondering what’s peoples experiences with running the compressor with the hood closed is. I’m worried may overheat? Thanks, Bronto.41
It'll be just fine. ARB Compressors are designed to take the abuse of the Australian outback and have been tested to work under the hoods.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I
The compressor is rated for 100% duty. Yes things get hot when operating, you paid for a unit designed to handle it.
Sponsored