First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since my notes in the giveaway post have stood alone at end of the thread for a minute I'm dedicating one for anyone pondering the current options (4x4LED, AGS, and Grimm are the others I'm aware of)

Even though it suggested they were preorder, I was able to snag one the day the giveaway was posted, from @Northridge4x4 who were savvy enough to find ARB USA had 3 on hand at the time...not sure about now...

Anyway, all installed and working.

PROS

1. Developed by same (venerated) mfr as compressor itself

2. After relocating the Ford control unit (brilliant, just DO NOT DROP it) the ARB mount leaves ALOT of room on top of the compressor for couplers, tees, valves, etc without having to fudge with the pivoting outlet etc (other designs I have seen appear to put the compressor extremely close to underside of the hood)

3. Just right distance for compressor power harness to battery (other mounts that are aft of engine bay will need ~heavy extensions)

CONS

1. Several parts to install (vs 1-2 in other designs I've seen) and a good bit of access work, took me a couple hours to sort it all out

2. Instructions are detailed, but not thorough, IMO, nor entirely accurate

INSTRUCTION CLARIFICATIONS:

1. Remove fender flare (didn't see written but clearly in pics- gives better access)

2. (Recommended) Pull all the scrivits and lip bolts (not just the back half) on fender liner (leave the chewy 'christmas tree' anchors attaching it near front bumper)- then you can (carefully) rotate the whole liner out of way for much better access

3. ARB gives you a new fender liner bracket for one of the scrivits- this REPLACES a factory bracket, which has to be removed- I didn't see this nuance in instructions

4. You have to trim a very tiny amount of thin firewall sound insulation out of the way (exacto knife works well) behind the factory fender liner bracket (that you removed) to give unimpeded access for the thru bolt and 'stick nut' which install thru a slotted hole in firewall assy

5. The 'stick nut' - hadn't seen these before, very handy, but for our application there is a void (toward the cabin side) behind the firewall metal where the stick nut goes - this complicates 'making the bolt' with the stick nut - to assist I had a flexible metal ruler (maybe 1-1/2" wide) that I slid in behind the stick nut to create a backer to keep it from pushing into the void as I was trying to make the bolt (see pic; showing ARB fender liner bracket already installed)

Hope this helps. I don't work for ARB or any offroad affiliate and do not get paid to say I'd still buy this option over any other I've seen so far on b6g.
Ford Bronco ARB Twin Compressor ARB Factory Mount 20221022_154905
Sponsored

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Since my notes in the giveaway post have stood alone at end of the thread for a minute I'm dedicating one for anyone pondering the current options (4x4LED, AGS, and Grimm are the others I'm aware of)

Even though it suggested they were preorder, I was able to snag one the day the giveaway was posted, from @Northridge4x4 who were savvy enough to find ARB USA had 3 on hand at the time...not sure about now...

Anyway, all installed and working.

PROS

1. Developed by same (venerated) mfr as compressor itself

2. After relocating the Ford control unit (brilliant, just DO NOT DROP it) the ARB mount leaves ALOT of room on top of the compressor for couplers, tees, valves, etc without having to fudge with the pivoting outlet etc (other designs I have seen appear to put the compressor extremely close to underside of the hood)

3. Just right distance for compressor power harness to battery (other mounts that are aft of engine bay will need ~heavy extensions)

CONS

1. Several parts to install (vs 1-2 in other designs I've seen) and a good bit of access work, took me a couple hours to sort it all out

2. Instructions are detailed, but not thorough, IMO, nor entirely accurate

INSTRUCTION CLARIFICATIONS:

1. Remove fender flare (didn't see written but clearly in pics- gives better access)

2. (Recommended) Pull all the scrivits and lip bolts (not just the back half) on fender liner (leave the chewy 'christmas tree' anchors attaching it near front bumper)- then you can (carefully) rotate the whole liner out of way for much better access

3. ARB gives you a new fender liner bracket for one of the scrivits- this REPLACES a factory bracket, which has to be removed- I didn't see this nuance in instructions

4. You have to trim a very tiny amount of thin firewall sound insulation out of the way (exacto knife works well) behind the factory fender liner bracket (that you removed) to give unimpeded access for the thru bolt and 'stick nut' which install thru a slotted hole in firewall assy

5. The 'stick nut' - hadn't seen these before, very handy, but for our application there is a void (toward the cabin side) behind the firewall metal where the stick nut goes - this complicates 'making the bolt' with the stick nut - to assist I had a flexible metal ruler (maybe 1-1/2" wide) that I slid in behind the stick nut to create a backer to keep it from pushing into the void as I was trying to make the bolt (see pic; showing ARB fender liner bracket already installed)

Hope this helps. I don't work for ARB or any offroad affiliate and do not get paid to say I'd still buy this option over any other I've seen so far on b6g.
Ford Bronco ARB Twin Compressor ARB Factory Mount 20221022_154905
Very helpful thread.