Sponsored

Are these all the changes for 2022 Bronco?

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This was posted at BOF back in late August. I’m wondering if these are all the changes for 2022? Sort of looks that way. If so, that’ll make ordering easy.

Any word on what the Capable Bumper (which is distinct from the Modular Bumper) looks like?

——————

INFORMATION
New 2022 Model Year Bronco Content Announcement - Exterior Colors, Roof Options, Bumper Options

ACTION REQUESTED
  • Review below Bronco Content Update effective for 2022 Model Year
  • Work with customers wanting to make updates to their order when the 2022MY order back opens
SUMMARY
We are excited to announce several content changes effective for 2022 Model Year Production. Look out for more information in the coming weeks!

2022MY Color Changes
  • New Colors for 22MY: Eruption Green, Hot Pepper Red – Available on all series
  • Retired Colors after 21MY scheduled Closing: Antimatter Blue, Lightning Blue Metallic, Rapid Red Metallic
  • Expanded Color Availability: Cyber Orange will be available on all series, adding Base & Big Bend for 2022MY offerings
Wildtrak Roof Options
We’ve been listening to your feedback and are excited to announce that effective with 22MY production, customers will have the option to order a soft top roof with the 4-door Wildtrak series.
Adding the soft top as an option for 4-door 2022 Wildtrak orders will help these customers get their order quicker.
We are unable to offer customers the option to switch their Wildtrak orders to soft tops for 21MY because of the complexity involved in changing standard equipment mid-model year.

Bumper Options
  • New for 22MY: Capable Bumper (powder-coated steel)
    • Standard for 22MY Black Diamond and Badland orders
  • Updated for 22MY: Modular Front Bumper becomes an option on all series
ORDERING
Customers interested in switching their Wildtrak order to a soft top for 2022 model year production are able to do so when the 2022MY order bank opens. We will have more information around the process and timing in the coming weeks.
Sponsored

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is missing Sasquatch for manual transmission. Ford had said in writing somewhere that would be available. Also, I guess I was unaware they are changing my Badlands bumper to default to a capable bumper and that the modular I would now need to pay extra for. Guess I will have to buy up to that bumper since I have lights and a mount specifically designed to fit in to the spaces in that specific bumper.

Sponsored

Captain nSANEo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is build & price down? Could the update be happening?

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for those pics of the Capable. I had missed that completely. Doesn't look as nice as the Modular, IMO.
But you get factory fog lamps.

I do prefer the modular bumper too. For the looks and obviously the modularity of it. Hope there is a low ride bull bar option for the capable bumper. Like this one minus the light bar.

Ford Bronco Are these all the changes for 2022 Bronco? 565AAA43-2879-4D68-8204-D95CADA9856C

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Changes I am wondering about:
- Washout seat backs in BD and BL
- Front camera / sensor winch fix
- Availability of some stand alone options or packages (e.g., B&O stand alone, Convenience pack w/ homelink, wireless charging, Winter pack, etc.)
- Interior trim improvements
- Whatever the high level instrument panel was supposed to be

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Changes I am wondering about:
- Washout seat backs in BD and BL
- Front camera / sensor winch fix
- Availability of some stand alone options or packages (e.g., B&O stand alone, Convenience pack w/ homelink, wireless charging, Winter pack, etc.)
- Interior trim improvements
- Whatever the high level instrument panel was supposed to be
The last one was not an instrument panel, but rather an information panel. Many tried to equivocate the naming as referring to the gauge cluster. But when reviewing past interviews of the designers and engineers, they consistently refer to the information panel as what is known to the consumer as the dashboard. It was surmised that the higher trims were supposed to get a "soft-touch" textured dash where the lower trims would only get hard plastic. Turns out the HLIP was nixed for MY'21 and everyone gets the hard plastic.

I would not expect the HLIP to become available for MY'22 or '23. It is something that has been shelved and may make the refresh for MY'24.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Has anyone seen the Capable Bumper with the end caps removed?
They don't. That was a misprint. The Mod Bumper's end caps can be removed. I had a friend take up close photos of the Capable Bumper on the Riptide Concept that was on display at the Woodward Dream Cruise.