David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Exactly why I asked how to turn auto updates off. How? First time flat towing this weekend.
@Fordified1
Accessory mode, center touch screen, Settings, swipe sideways to find & tap Software Updates, top line Automatic Update = toggle off, select Continue at nanny prompt.

Also at that same screen, for Recurring Update Schedule, I created a custom schedule for just 2 days a week at 2:00 AM (when I’m sure I won’t be flat towing) just in case I forget and leave Updates turned on.
Sponsored

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apparently the best guidance is automatic updates on, but no schedule set. That way you can manually review any that are downloaded before they install.

I'm in the camp of wanting the most recent version of all software installed personally, because of added functionality and the fixing of bugs.

DBX2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco; '23 F150 reg cab 5.0, custom interior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I turn whatever I can, OFF. When FORD owns/buys my vehicle, they can update all they want. So tired of my data being the subject of everyone and anyone. I still get email updates on vehicles I haven't owned in 5-10 years. Enough.

73Corvetteman

Big Bend
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just went to dealer yesterday. They installed 4 updates one of them to do with flat towing. Don't know what other ones were for. I have OTA updates turned on and had one on April 4 that showed on Fordpass. They obviously aren't doing all updates OTA. Check Fordpass on available updates. One I needed was listed in the 4x update.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I still get email updates on vehicles I haven't owned in 5-10 years. Enough.
I get regular email updates about a '22 OBX I never owned/looked at/etc. Hey, whoever you are, Ford would really like you to bring it in for an oil change, it's time! lol :whistle:

Meanwhile, never gotten a single one for the actual '23 BL I do own... 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why don't your OTA's work?
I suspect it's because my Bronco isn't fully spec'd/programmed as a "USDM" market car. It's a fleet unit sold thru some European holding company as part of the military auto sales program. I don't have proof, but there are some oddities with it.

Correction, I did get one update, one time in late 2021. Otherwise, even spinning a dead chicken overhead and chanting while talking to Ford support wouldn't fix the problem.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 701a 3.5tt 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I suspect it's because my Bronco isn't fully spec'd/programmed as a "USDM" market car. It's a fleet unit sold thru some European holding company as part of the military auto sales program. I don't have proof, but there are some oddities with it.

Correction, I did get one update, one time in late 2021. Otherwise, even spinning a dead chicken overhead and chanting while talking to Ford support wouldn't fix the problem.
Do any of your connected services work?

If you have FORScan or know how to pull the as-built data on your truck, go to this line in the TCU. If in the 754-10-01 location you see anything other than 5553 14, then your TCU is registered to another country and that's your problem.

Or send me your VIN and I'll poke around to see if I see anything.

Ford Bronco Are Your Automatic Updates On? 1713472370015-ms

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do any of your connected services work?

If you have FORScan or know how to pull the as-built data on your truck, go to this line in the TCU. If in the 754-10-01 location you see anything other than 5553 14, then your TCU is registered to another country and that's your problem.

Or send me your VIN and I'll poke around to see if I see anything.

Ford Bronco Are Your Automatic Updates On? 1713472370015-ms
Yes, all my connected services work.

My TCU is registered as 5553-14.

I will send you the VIN.

Sponsored

Mr Bacon Jr

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bison ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Although mine is set to auto update, I also haven't received an OTA update since September 2023... So I'm assuming that's a good thing 😁
Or wifi and auto update have been mysteriously turned off. Which was my case- found several other radio switches turned off that I know I had on. Ford is definitely not a software company.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or wifi and auto update have been mysteriously turned off. Which was my case- found several other radio switches turned off that I know I had on. Ford is definitely not a software company.
In my case, everything else was still active and connecting fine.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I turn whatever I can, OFF. When FORD owns/buys my vehicle, they can update all they want. So tired of my data being the subject of everyone and anyone. I still get email updates on vehicles I haven't owned in 5-10 years. Enough.
If youre financed thru ford motor credit then they technically do own it 🤣