First Name
Shirley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor, 2020 Ford F250, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We are planning to sign up for either Texas or Moab when the schedule comes out past July. As the ride along guest, do I have the opportunity to get out to take pictures as hubby is tackling challenges, I’ve seen the coaches are outside walking drivers thru the course, can I also be outside then?
Also, do the have stops along the way to use the facilities?
Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

YES, my son was my ride along passanger, and he got out every moment to take pics and video, as long as he was out of the way and listening to the spotter on where he could stand and walk to be safe, he got great video and pics, we had a blast!

And Yes to pit stops, we passed by the facilities a couple times and some jumped out real fast to do what they needed to do, and then we kept on with the day.

Heelabaloo

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My wife and I did Moab last year. Yes, you can get out and take pics. You can also drive some if you want. There are no facilities on the trail so it’s somewhat like camping, find a secluded spot and go. Not sure if they bring a portable toilet for “bigger jobs” maybe someone else knows or you could call and confirm?

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My wife came with me as a passenger to Moab but they encouraged her to drive as well, and she did but also was selective with the obstacles she tried. I was glad she got the experience.

As others mentioned, no facilities on the trail we did outside of Moab. Pack in pack out system.

There were plenty of opportunities for pictures/video. Off rodeo also had a photographer taking pics on the trail (I think it was just one spot).

BigBend530

Big Bend
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2Dr.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did Moab Offroadeo on Monday. I spent a lot of time out of the vehicle taking photos and videos. (Pack sunscreen, i wished i had). In fact, our trail guide would have everyone get out and look at some of the more significant ledges, etc. and they would have the lead driver attempt things without 4wd, or locker, etc. and then talk/walk the group through getting through it.

There was a cameraman in two different areas on the trail and there was one remote camera (told it had a laser activated trigger) although didn't see any photos from that area in the link they sent.

Each Bronco in your group have "go bags" and I'm pretty sure those go into the mesh bags on the spare tire if used until you return to basecamp. One Bronco in your group will have the lunch and another a big Yeti water cooler.

I'd recommend Moab. People in our groups were from all over including Ohio, Arizona, Minnesota, Tennessee, California, Texas, Colorado
Sponsored