Sponsored

Can you switch guests for the Off-Roadeo?

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L CG Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Signed up for this coming weekend in Texas.

I paid for a guest, but it turns out they have a conflict on day 2, so I would like to bring someone else the 2nd day. Will they allow this?
Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope!

I asked the same thing, they told my each guest is separate. You'll have to pay a fee for both guests and they're free to attend both days, or just one.

Edit: Felt I should mention they I.D. at check-in have an arrival gift for you and your guests on day one. My suggestion is to take both guests on day one and just one on day two.

It's totally worth it.

OP
OP

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nope!

I asked the same thing, they told my each guest is separate. You'll have to pay a fee for both guests and they're free to attend both days, or just one.
Interesting, their disclaimer says that "Guest information can be edited at any time"

I think I'll print this and bring it to me w/ the new guest on day 2:

https://broncooffroadeo.com/files/Off-Roadeo Disclaimers.pdf

I'll also attempt to edit guests after day 1 to accommodate the change in day 2

OP
OP

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, I have paid for 2 guests, but only 1 of them is switching (so 3 people in total.)

Didn't want to mention the registered 2nd guest in the original post to avoid confusion :)

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting, their disclaimer says that "Guest information can be edited at any time"

I think I'll print this and bring it to me w/ the new guest on day 2:

https://broncooffroadeo.com/files/Off-Roadeo Disclaimers.pdf

I'll also attempt to edit guests after day 1 to accommodate the change in day 2
You're trying to cheat the system. Once registration happens at base camp, you're registered. So is your guest. They make a hard copy registration and you can't change it on day two, you won't even be given the opportunity. They'll put a zip-slip bracelet on your guest and the only way to remove it is to cut it off. Then they'll ask for I.D. when your guest arrives without a zip-slip on and since they aren't registered...

Your day two guest will end up waiting at base camp for you to finish the day because they won't let them on the course as it's a serious liability issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're trying to cheat the system. Once registration happens at base camp, you're registered. So is your guest. They make a hard copy registration and you can't change it on day two, you won't even be given the opportunity. They'll put a zip-slip bracelet on your guest and the only way to remove it is to cut it off. Then they'll ask for I.D. when your guest arrives without a zip-slip on and since they aren't registered...

Your day two guest will end up waiting at base camp for you to finish the day because they won't let them on the course as it's a serious liability issue.
I'm not sure it's cheating the system when they literally tell us that we can edit the guest information at any time.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure it's cheating the system when they literally tell us that we can edit the guest information at any time.
You're trying to pay for 2 guests and take 3 without paying for the third. That's pretty much cut and dry.

Maybe you can contact the Off-Roadeo and see if they'll accommodate you before you try a scam.

Phone: 888-260-5744

OP
OP

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're trying to pay for 2 guests and take 3 without paying for the third. That's pretty much cut and dry.
There's nothing nefarious going on - I paid for 2 guests for each of the 2 days, I intend to bring 2 guests for each of the 2 days. In no way will I bring a 3rd person on either of the 2 days.

I live 35 min from Horeshoe Bay, so worst case they get turned around on Sunday and go home.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's nothing nefarious going on - I paid for 2 guests for each of the 2 days, I intend to bring 2 guests for each of the 2 days. In no way will I bring a 3rd person on either of the 2 days.

I live 35 min from Horeshoe Bay, so worst case they get turned around on Sunday and go home.
Like I said, call them. They probably have a way to accommodate you and your guests without causing liability issues.

OP
OP

cricex

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just an update - spent the weekend at the Texas Off-Roadeo and had a ton of fun. They also did not care about switching guests and didn't ask for any more money, just a new waiver signed for the new guest and that's it.
Sponsored