Sponsored

Warning for people attending any Off-Roadeo. If you need to leave early or can't make it on time.

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife and I where supposed to attend the TX 5/26 Bronco Roadeo.

We drove from eastern TN to TX. We took our time and stopped about half way on Wednesday night. Thursday we started our final leg to TX. I started felling bad about half way though our drive. We got to the hotel in TX and I wasn't feeling any better. Friday morning I got up felt pretty good, so we headed over the the Roadeo.

We went though orientation, and went out to the first location for a talk about Bronco history. While standing there I started feeling light headed dizzy etc.

I decided to Tap out because it would be better for everyone. I walked over to a guide, he walked us inside to a young lady behind the desk. She was supposed to Postpone or reschedule us at that time. She never said anything more then sorry you feel bad hope you get better.

So after contacting the head quarters for Bronco Off Road. I was told that I can not reschedule could not get a partial refund, and if I wanted to attend another one I could at a cost.

So if you make it or are on the way and something happens you can't. Reschedule or Postpone it at that time. Or you are like me out of luck Thanks for the few hundred bucks.
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They have all of the specifics for cancellation on their site and when you sign up. Just like a hotel, you can't cancel last minute and get a refund. Sucks but that is life.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I saw your family leaving at the initial orientation. I think you made right decision as we stood outside for another hour for feature demonstration. But you are not the only one, there were other people that left shortly after you and after first round.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was at the NH Roadeo a couple weekends ago and overheard a guy apologizing for having to bow out due to his wife's sudden illness. The Staff sounded very accommodating regarding a reschedule, but that was the extent of the conversation I heard. It IS very likely that they hit him with the "We can reschedule you, but it will be $$$ more" line after I stopped listening. It's too bad they are not more helpful in a case like yours. I'd be bummed to be out that kind of money, though I did get a $150 refund this past week from them. On top of the $250 merchandise credit for the swag offered, I made back what I paid for the wife to go with me.

Despite the experience, I still would highly recommend getting to one of these (unless the cost is formidable to you). The trail guides make the event a great day and even the seasoned off-roader will learn things that their Bronco is capable of.

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They have all of the specifics for cancellation on their site and when you sign up. Just like a hotel, you can't cancel last minute and get a refund. Sucks but that is life.

I understand it is all listed on the website. I would think the young lady behind the desk, my wife talked to while I went and sat down would have told her we could postpone or reschedule. I understand I can not get a refund, but a reschedule would be nice.

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I understand it is all listed on the website. I would think the young lady behind the desk, my wife talked to while I went and sat down would have told her we could postpone or reschedule. I understand I can not get a refund, but a reschedule would be nice.
These events are catered and set up for a certain number of people. You had two slots that could have gone to someone else, and you decided to back out. Why would they let you reschedule for free? They're dealing with the thousands of other people that want to get into these events, as well, and every slot costs money.

JR

OP
OP
Mlarv

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These events are catered and set up for a certain number of people. You had two slots that could have gone to someone else, and you decided to back out. Why would they let you reschedule for free? They're dealing with the thousands of other people that want to get into these events, as well, and every slot costs money.

JR

Their policy is to allow you to reschedule or postpone. I never said for free. They never offered this opportunity to my wife when she went to the desk (their policy is they should have).

I am just warning others to make sure you ask.

The E-mail reply I received from corporate.

"Thank you for reaching out to Bronco Off-Roadeo Program Headquarters. We are sorry to hear that you weren’t feeling well and left the event early. Unfortunately, the reservation would have needed to have been rescheduled or postponed that same day. However, you are eligible to attend as return owner for a cost.

For additional information or questions, please reach out to Bronco Off-Roadeo PHQ at [email protected] or (888) 260-5744."

Regards,

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Try calling the TX location directly at 210-213-3118.
I am not saying you will get what you want, but they may be able to escalate for 2nd review (I had an unrelated situation and by calling directly I was able to discuss with a person and better explain and answer any questions). I would change your discussion to focus that your wife went to front desk as instructed by staff to reschedule, but that did not happen. Don't say your wife forgot to ask, just keep it simple...she went to the front desk as instructed to be rescheduled and the staff did not. You don't know how the process works, so for all you know you get an email later to reschedule.
There is a reschedule fee per person based on posts from others in the past, but it sounds like you are understanding and okay with paying a reasonable fee, just don't want to be out the experience (which I can understand).

They may still not budge, but then again maybe they will. If you wished you had gotten a chance to get some merch before you left, you can also ask them at the above number. As long as you have been registered to attend, they will send you a catalog of Off-Roadeo merchandise available for order (you can even order site specific stuff from other locations).

Last edited:

Gladdox

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4D Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd be bummed to be out that kind of money, though I did get a $150 refund this past week from them. On top of the $250 merchandise credit for the swag offered, I made back what I paid for the wife to go with me.
Wait… what $250 merchandise credit?

Ggerobb

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 jeep grand cherokee laredo, 2022 bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was at tx off rodeo a few months ago, the people were all so friendly and professional. I think maybe there was miscommunication from both sides on this.

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wait… what $250 merchandise credit?
I'm not sure what differentiated me from others, I didn't ask. We just bagged up several Yeti cups, a few t-shirts, and a patch and *poof*... $250 spent!

Gladdox

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4D Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not sure what differentiated me from others, I didn't ask. We just bagged up several Yeti cups, a few t-shirts, and a patch and *poof*... $250 spent!
After Googling around a bit, apparently anyone who had an early reservation on their Bronco (which I think was any reservation done in 2020) qualified for a $250 merch credit at Off-Roadeo.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After Googling around a bit, apparently anyone who had an early reservation on their Bronco (which I think was any reservation done in 2020) qualified for a $250 merch credit at Off-Roadeo.
I guess that explains it. Thanks! Reserved in July 2020.

Salt Shaker

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 15 Jeep GC, 15 Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, my Bronco went south on me on the way there, had to reschedule...an additional $250....

For $611 I got a glossy photo of a 4 door.
Sponsored