First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Like all of you, I’ve been really frustrated with the wait, really annoyed at the hiccups with the roof stuff, really pissed with the communication, and most of all… REALLY frustrated with the wait.

But I just did the off-roadeo NH yesterday and I’m right back in the saddle and super excited again. I didn’t even do the full day, only the first half. But that’s all you need in my opinion. I apologize for not being techy, so I don’t have pics and video for you. But trust me, it’s worth it just to get yourself in the rig and put it through its paces and see everything it can do.

The day begins with a brief introduction and some 101 type of off-roading terms. Then you rotate through some demo situations in the rig that show its capabilities. Low gear downhill, tight-turns through rugged terrain, articulation track and trail-turn assist, and then rock climb using one-peddle. You don’t get to drive through each demo section yourself. You go through the demos broken into groups; and a driver in each group does a section of each demo. So while you’ll only be able to drive one demo section, you get to see the Bronco up close and personal as it performs through each one, and you get real hands on feed back from a real person in your group that just performed that demo section.

After the demo section, you get to pick out a Bronco and hit the trails. I’m not an off-roader, but to me these trails seemed pretty legit. They seemed pretty technical and pretty rugged, and you got to put the truck through its paces and see what it’s capable of. The trails were rugged enough that I was surprised that they let regular folk wheel out there. Not that the truck couldn’t handle it, it’s just that there’s a lot of idiots out there, and to trust people not to do idiot things like panic throttle on a steep decline just blew me away. When I say technical (as a completely green layman) I mean sections of trail where you need a spotter because you can’t see the trail in front of you and the trail is rugged enough that if you pick the wrong line or moved to quickly, you could easily find yourself rolled over. We wheeled through the rugged NH woods for an hour before breaking for lunch.

At lunch, I had to leave for my 6+ hour drive home. But if I had stayed, I would’ve had gotten to wheel in those trails for FOUR MORE HOURS! And supposedly the afternoon portion was going to get even more technical.

If you’re serious about buying this vehicle and you don’t do an Off-Roadeo, you’re crazy. You get to learn everything this rig can do, most of which you’ll probably never do yourself for fear of putting your daily driver at that kind of risk. I’ve been as frustrated as anybody about the wait, but being able to have the opportunity for this experience is pretty cool.

Im still frustrated by the wait, don’t get me wrong. But I’m super excited to get this truck again now that I KNOW what it can do and all the fun I can have in it, rather than hoping and wishing for it. If you’re a waiter, do yourself a favor go to an off-roadeo and push this thing through its paces. It’s so worth it. Don’t wait for the next video review to drop, go do it yourself.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Definitely gives you a renewed sense of excitement. It even made a convert out of my brother that currently drives a Wrangler Rubicon. ;)

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Like all of you, I’ve been really frustrated with the wait, really annoyed at the hiccups with the roof stuff, really pissed with the communication, and most of all… REALLY frustrated with the wait.

But I just did the off-roadeo NH yesterday and I’m right back in the saddle and super excited again. I didn’t even do the full day, only the first half. But that’s all you need in my opinion. I apologize for not being techy, so I don’t have pics and video for you. But trust me, it’s worth it just to get yourself in the rig and put it through its paces and see everything it can do.

The day begins with a brief introduction and some 101 type of off-roading terms. Then you rotate through some demo situations in the rig that show its capabilities. Low gear downhill, tight-turns through rugged terrain, articulation track and trail-turn assist, and then rock climb using one-peddle. You don’t get to drive through each demo section yourself. You go through the demos broken into groups; and a driver in each group does a section of each demo. So while you’ll only be able to drive one demo section, you get to see the Bronco up close and personal as it performs through each one, and you get real hands on feed back from a real person in your group that just performed that demo section.

After the demo section, you get to pick out a Bronco and hit the trails. I’m not an off-roader, but to me these trails seemed pretty legit. They seemed pretty technical and pretty rugged, and you got to put the truck through its paces and see what it’s capable of. The trails were rugged enough that I was surprised that they let regular folk wheel out there. Not that the truck couldn’t handle it, it’s just that there’s a lot of idiots out there, and to trust people not to do idiot things like panic throttle on a steep decline just blew me away. When I say technical (as a completely green layman) I mean sections of trail where you need a spotter because you can’t see the trail in front of you and the trail is rugged enough that if you pick the wrong line or moved to quickly, you could easily find yourself rolled over. We wheeled through the rugged NH woods for an hour before breaking for lunch.

At lunch, I had to leave for my 6+ hour drive home. But if I had stayed, I would’ve had gotten to wheel in those trails for FOUR MORE HOURS! And supposedly the afternoon portion was going to get even more technical.

If you’re serious about buying this vehicle and you don’t do an Off-Roadeo, you’re crazy. You get to learn everything this rig can do, most of which you’ll probably never do yourself for fear of putting your daily driver at that kind of risk. I’ve been as frustrated as anybody about the wait, but being able to have the opportunity for this experience is pretty cool.

Im still frustrated by the wait, don’t get me wrong. But I’m super excited to get this truck again now that I KNOW what it can do and all the fun I can have in it, rather than hoping and wishing for it. If you’re a waiter, do yourself a favor go to an off-roadeo and push this thing through its paces. It’s so worth it. Don’t wait for the next video review to drop, go do it yourself.
You are spot-on in your description. And yes, the afternoon session was amazing. During the afternoon, you can apply the morning knowledge to spontaneous situations. Need to make a tight turn around a tree or boulder? Use Trail Turn Assist and voila, problem solved. On and on you go assessing each situation and drawing upon the many Bronco tools at your disposal. This truck is magical, and you cannot internalize that feeling until you are behind the wheel and challenged to solve off-road situations. That is what Off-Roadeo is all about.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No thanks, I’m now scheduled for 23, excitement is dead. Driving one off road and waiting that long will now only piss me off.

Glad you had fun, hope you get your Bronco soon.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
No thanks, I’m now scheduled for 23, excitement is dead. Driving one off road and waiting that long will now only piss me off.

Glad you had fun, hope you get your Bronco soon.
2023 huh? Color me skeptical.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
just got an email with the sign up stuff and date picking, right from the company Ford hired to do the ORR, so they are sharing out our info from the reservations, which is about par for the course.

OP
OP

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live in New Hampshire, but just got the email invite today. But you say you already went. How many days is it?
Just one day. But it’s all day like 8-5.

Sponsored
OP
OP

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Right, so my assumption is it’s one day, it already passed, and I get the invite today.

makes sense with how things have gone.

I never had any Ford points or whatever so figured it was more for returning customer.
🤷‍♀️ Oh well.
I think I misunderstood your question. The session that you sign up for is one day. But it’s ongoing indefinitely as far as I know. Just have to sign up for a date.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Right, so my assumption is it’s one day, it already passed, and I get the invite today.

makes sense with how things have gone.

I never had any Ford points or whatever so figured it was more for returning customer.
🤷‍♀️ Oh well.
You pick your date. They run a session every day, so you can choose what works for you. It will end in NH probably by Nov 1 (or so) as Gunstock will start prepping for ski season, and then pick up again in the spring.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Completely agree! I just went on Sept 5 and it was awesome! The weather was overcast with a chance of rain pretty much all day. It sprinkled in the morning which actually made the conditions better! During the second half of the day when we climbed essentially two mountains, the second mountain was climbed pretty much straight up with some of it being a granite slab, making it a rock crawl. Being a newbie, I was overwhelmed since, to me, the angles were pretty steep (25-30%), but the instructors were excellent (Dan and Frank)! I was the last Bronco in our convoy so I tended to be the guinea pig or "teaching opportunity" for the group! It started pouring for the last hour of the day so we got the Broncos muddy. :D

The wife and I were already planning on being in the area for a concert that weekend anyway, so that's why I planned on Sept. 5. We stayed at Lake House at Ferry Point Inn for a total of three nights. It's a B&B - accommodations and breakfasts were awesome! It's a 20 minute easy drive to Gunstock. If you decide to stay there, a caveat - breakfast is typically served AFTER you would need to leave for the day, but I let the owners know that we won't have breakfast that morning and they prepared a muffin bag for us! Can't say enough about this place!

If you can do swing it, do the off-roadeo! New Hampshire was awesome and the trails were designed very well! The day reignited my interest in the Bronco and also built up my confidence in off-roading.

I took a lot of videos on my GoPro and will post them once I clean them up!

Hope that helps folks who are on the fence!
Sponsored