First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone really know what's going on currently? I have an email from Ford saying my Bronco is "Built and Awaiting Shipment", and that it can take "a few days to a week". Well, that was over 3 weeks ago, and there is no change when I go check online. According to my last email from FORD, it should be delivered to Houston here in the next couple days, but obviously that's not going to happen if it's still sitting in a parking lot outside of Detriot. I've reached out to my dealer, and all he can tell me is that he sees that it is "REALEASED" and that it is just waiting to be shipped and that there is nothing more he can do but wait.

I can see using the order tracking tools that it will be going by Rail, but I can't fathom why it would take so long to get loaded on a train, especially given Ford's financial woes. I've been watching, and I can see that that there is consistently between about 260-290 Bronco's that are all in this same Awaiting Shipment status.

Does anyone from Ford read these or even care?
Sponsored

d_bearhugs

Base
First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You've been waiting 3 weeks. We have people from January in that situation. This is just the deal everyone who is waiting has been dealt. These constant posts asking people if they know what's going on isn't going to get you much other than disgruntled responses from people who have been waiting longer for a shipment or even haven't gotten a VIN yet.
Your best bet is to look into the previous build week posts to see if you can get and understanding of the situations at hand.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Try the chat on the Ford customer service page. Maybe they have an update for you. Getting a rail car to Houston shouldn't be an issue.

RapidResponder

Raptor
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2019 F150 Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Released vehicles will not rail ship until they receive a cost-efficient number of vehicles going to the same geographic location. They want to fill the assigned rail consist. I recently had a GT500 sit at Flat Rock for six weeks until being loaded and transiting to the Pacific Northwest.

Once on the way, follow these instructions to track the rail car.

First you will need the rail car number - letters and numbers. It is on the Visibility Report or DORA from the dealership. Rail car number should be assigned in advance. They will not want to, but the dealership can track the specific location on a daily basis.

There are two major rail companies.
  • CSX is everything east of the Mississippi
  • UP is everything west of the Mississippi

So, how do you track your car on a railcar?

First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we may lose the access and ability to track.

CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say ETTX (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example: ETTX 907048 all together
4. Listen for your update

These automated systems can be frustrating. Keep in mind they are intended for use by folks that use them daily all day long. Again, if you are being transferred to a live person, please hang up and try again.

RR

OP
OP

rmbelz

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try the chat on the Ford customer service page. Maybe they have an update for you. Getting a rail car to Houston shouldn't be an issue.
This suggestion helped. Thank you. I had thought about chatting before, but it didn't look like you could chat for a reason like this, as it only gives you 2 options for topics. I just put that my question was about Ford Sync, and once someone finally entered the chat with me then I asked my real question. They were helpful and were able to tell me it looks like the expected depart date for my shipment would be April 24.

I still don't understand why Ford can't just tell me this without going to all this trouble.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Released vehicles will not rail ship until they receive a cost-efficient number of vehicles going to the same geographic location. They want to fill the assigned rail consist.
10 is the magic # for the Bronco.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This suggestion helped. Thank you. I had thought about chatting before, but it didn't look like you could chat for a reason like this, as it only gives you 2 options for topics. I just put that my question was about Ford Sync, and once someone finally entered the chat with me then I asked my real question. They were helpful and were able to tell me it looks like the expected depart date for my shipment would be April 24.

I still don't understand why Ford can't just tell me this without going to all this trouble.
Glad it helped. My guess is the systems are not integrated so there is no easy way to provide updates

scojosmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 / bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been awaiting shipment for 4 weeks. I don’t see light at the end of the tunnel. Buckle up and wait :(
Sponsored