Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

PXL_20211222_204124951-01-01.jpeg

We had a little snowstorm yesterday... so of course I wanted to take the Bronco out. Took a little drive to our land to pack down the trail. I plan on going every time it snows to try and keep the road packed so I can go all winter long!

It's a short but kind of peaceful video. Enjoy!

SWEET!!

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
Awesome video. Being a native of the land of one season that looks refreshing.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I had it in mud and ruts just to turn the front camera on haha. I like having the camera on when in the trails. On the road I like putting the Sand mode on when lots of snow. It doesn't say sand/snow, but if you look at the picture theres snow there too....
Thank you for your response! I am new to the overlanding world, so I trying to figure out things on the fly. I have a question for you. Currently, we are in about a foot and a half of snow. It may be stupid, but can I head out and be safe in the deep of snow with my SAS Bronco? We are trying to make our way home.

Sponsored

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for your response! I am new to the overlanding world, so I trying to figure out things on the fly. I have a question for you. Currently, we are in about a foot and a half of snow. It may be stupid, but can I head out and be safe in the deep of snow with my SAS Bronco? We are trying to make our way home.
Rule oneā€¦never play in the snow off a maintained road without a support vehicle and/or winch, shovel, provisions, warm clothes, etc. Snow is extremely unforgiving and will almost always dictate your forward progress depending on snow type (heavy wet vs soft and fluffy) and terrain under the snow. You can think all is going well and in a split second be pulled sideways into a ditch or sinkhole depending on snow depth and be buried up to your axles and if itā€™s deep enough, your exhaust can also be buried creating a possible carbon monoxide issue which can be deadly. Not something you want to experience in below freezing temps by yourself. If you know the road, snow depth and how to drive in it then by all means, enjoy..itā€™s a blast! However, also keep in mind current weather conditions as well to make sure that your fresh tracks arenā€™t covered with more snow behind you making a non maintained road even deeper or possibly impassable when trying to get back where you started from.

Last edited:

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rule oneā€¦never play in the snow off a maintained road without a support vehicle and/or winch, shovel, provisions, warm clothes, etc. Snow is extremely unforgiving and will almost always dictate your forward progress depending on snow type (heavy wet vs soft and fluffy) and terrain under the snow. You can think all is going well and in a split second be pulled sideways into a ditch or sinkhole depending on snow depth and be buried up to your axles and if itā€™s deep enough, your exhaust can also be buried creating a possible carbon monoxide issue which can be deadly. Not something you want to experience in below freezing temps by yourself. If you know the road, snow depth and how to drive in it then by all means, enjoy..itā€™s a blast! However, also keep in mind current weather conditions as well to make sure that your fresh tracks arenā€™t covered with more snow behind you making a non maintained road even deeper or possibly impassable when trying to get back where you started from.
Thank you for your response. I think I will leave the snow playing until I am
more comfortable. At this point, I am just trying to head back to the main road to head home. If I know the route, is the Bronco capable of driving in about 12 inches of snow? Trying to get home for Christmas Eve. šŸ˜¬

ROKBRNC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ on tons, 1970 Bronco, 2019 Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for your response. I think I will leave the snow playing until I am
more comfortable. At this point, I am just trying to head back to the main road to head home. If I know the route, is the Bronco capable of driving in about 12 inches of snow? Trying to get home for Christmas Eve. šŸ˜¬
The Bronco should be more than capable, however as previously mentioned, it all depends on the snow type, how far you are from the main road and what your driving skills are. Itā€™s an individual decision and only you can honestly assess your skills and comfort level then determine if the risk is acceptable or not šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco should be more than capable, however as previously mentioned, it all depends on the snow type, how far you are from the main road and what your driving skills are. Itā€™s an individual decision and only you can honestly assess your skills and comfort level then determine if the risk is acceptable or not šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
If the Bronco is capable of moving up a small hill in a foot of snow, I should be good. Thanks!

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If the Bronco is capable of moving up a small hill in a foot of snow, I should be good. Thanks!
You'll be fine. Or rather, the Bronco is more than capable. Just have your wits about you. You appear cautious enough not to take unecessary risk so I'm confident you'll get home for Christmas, Hawkeye

Sponsored

sergk

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We had a little snowstorm yesterday... so of course I wanted to take the Bronco out. Took a little drive to our land to pack down the trail. I plan on going every time it snows to try and keep the road packed so I can go all winter long!

It's a short but kind of peaceful video. Enjoy!
How frameless windows drop down on door open is working when freezed overnight - do they struggle to break ice around edges?

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And watch out for all those other 1d10ts in populated areas!!!

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We got out no problem.

Ford Bronco Badlands Action in a Snowstorm 6F9765D8-65DE-44BA-A79F-0D5E106ED72E
Sponsored

Last edited: