Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool, but you won't see the backlight when the fogs are on... or am I missing something?

At any rate, mine are installed and work perfectly. I've got the backlight on all three pairs (SS3 offroad x 1, SSC2 fogs x 2) tied into the parking lights and the main light tied into the aux switches: one switch for each pair for a total of three switches. Now the backlight comes on with the parking lights and I can individually control the main light for each pair.

EDIT: Oh, wait, are you saying that your SS3s are the fog lights, so when you switch those on, the backlights on the SSC2s light up? Okay, I get it now.
Yes. That’s what I meant but I explained it horribly. 😊
I like your idea too though. The aux switches are more my skill level however.
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

With our kits it is. our harness has a back-light control wire. All the fogs back-lights come on at once. If you TURN ON one of your lights, that lights back-light turns off, but the others remain on.

We sell SS3 and SSC2 with backlights

BisonInTexas

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With our kits it is. our harness has a back-light control wire. All the fogs back-lights come on at once. If you TURN ON one of your lights, that lights back-light turns off, but the others remain on.

We sell SS3 and SSC2 with backlights
Thanks for the clarification. I hope to install them soon. 🙂

D299A8C0-ADDF-43BD-86A0-B154ABEBDE20.jpeg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why's it still in the box? I woulda tore into that sucker like it was Christmas morning

BisonInTexas

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why's it still in the box? I woulda tore into that sucker like it was Christmas morning
Yeah. I hope to do that this weekend! It got delivered while we were at the off-roadeo last weekend. But I’m looking forward to getting them installed!

Sponsored

GO_SOONERS_TXSUX!

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with BD for my light bar and pocket lights - pics in my build thread in my signature.

I chose these due to the forum feedback being very positive, and loved the look. Very happy early days, especially with the quality and light output.
Did you run the BD roof light wire down your windshield or a different route?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you run the BD roof light wire down your windshield or a different route?
I didn’t do the install, sorry. I’m pretty sure there’s a wire that comes out closer to the grill that was used, not the windshield one.

GO_SOONERS_TXSUX!

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn’t do the install, sorry. I’m pretty sure there’s a wire that comes out closer to the grill that was used, not the windshield one.
Okay, thank you for your response!

Sponsored

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My kit with the Baja Designs kit is supposed to deliver today! Amber SAE fogs with clear combo & spots. Still teetering on whether or not I want to tie the offroad lights together in one switch.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Don't waste your time with the wire Ford leaves in the grill area or above the windshield. Those are useless wires.

First, the wire above the windshield is SO SMALL and requires a hole to be drilled. It won't power anything properly. Ford messed up using such a small gauge wire.

Then the wires in the grill, again useless. If you get a kit from us you are already getting a harness that will tap into the upfitters on the driver side firewall in your engine bay. No reason to use a little wire ford hid behind a grill. Run the harness over past the battery and utilize the factory upfitter wires already there. Nice and easy AND you don't need to do any splicing later (the grill wire HAS to be spliced into an upfitter wire still)

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For anyone who installed the Baja Designs kit, did you use a longer bolt on the Squadrons? With the spacer installed it looks like the stock bolt threads barely, if at all, engage the nylon portion of the locking nut.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have Baja Design Fogs, Chase, Ditch, and rock lights.
I have a North Lights Co 40" dual row bar on the roof.
I have a Diode Dynamics 30" bar on the bumper.
Ford Bronco Baja Designs Vs. Diode Dynamics KakaoTalk_20220620_065343096

They're all great in their own way, but the North Lights Co 40" is the brightest LED light source I have ever seen in any application, but it's also the most LEDs I've seen in a single fixture. I had to swap my factory AUX switches to a SwitchPro 9100 just because of the power this light bar requires.
The Diode Dynamics have the cleanest, most focused beam of light.
Baja Design lights are the most solidly built lights, and feel like they'll last the longest, and are sufficiently bright as well.
North Lights Co is bright and powerful, but the beam has a wider spread and I can't say for it's longevity, but feels pretty solid to me. Mainly, I don't have any wind noise until I pass 80 MPH, and I hear a whistle, but I'm not sure if it's from the mount or the bar.
The only thing I'd want to do is add more rock lights to the bottom (currently at 8), and when my Trailrax roof rack arrives, probably a light or two on each side.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Don't waste your time with the wire Ford leaves in the grill area or above the windshield. Those are useless wires.

First, the wire above the windshield is SO SMALL and requires a hole to be drilled. It won't power anything properly. Ford messed up using such a small gauge wire.

Then the wires in the grill, again useless. If you get a kit from us you are already getting a harness that will tap into the upfitters on the driver side firewall in your engine bay. No reason to use a little wire ford hid behind a grill. Run the harness over past the battery and utilize the factory upfitter wires already there. Nice and easy AND you don't need to do any splicing later (the grill wire HAS to be spliced into an upfitter wire still)
I'd go so far as to say that the AUX switches don't have enough power themselves, and the wiring definitely doesn't support the power needed for any rooftop application.
Sponsored