First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hello there fellow Bronco owners! Has anyone had any issues with a battery drain due to the LED headlight fans not turning off or powering down? On occasion, mine will stay on for hours on end. It’s already been in twice for the same issue and most recently, all modules were software updated. Needless to say, I’m ready to get rid of it with 2400 miles on it. It is a 2023 Bronco Raptor purchased new in January.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello there fellow Bronco owners! Has anyone had any issues with a battery drain due to the LED headlight fans not turning off or powering down? On occasion, mine will stay on for hours on end. It’s already been in twice for the same issue and most recently, all modules were software updated. Needless to say, I’m ready to get rid of it with 2400 miles on it. It is a 2023 Bronco Raptor purchased new in January.
Hello, Barry. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to see how I can assist with your battery drain/headlight fan concern.

MichaelCar001

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since the vehicle's modules were updated, there could be a programming issue or a problem with the control module that handles the headlights. Sometimes, updates can accidentally cause new issues or not fix the old ones.
Also, there might be a wiring issue causing the fans to stay on. Check for any damaged wires or loose connections around the headlight assembly and relay.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Bdub65

Raptor
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hello, Barry. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'd be happy to see how I can assist with your battery drain/headlight fan concern.
Good morning and thank you so much for reaching out. VIN # 1FMEE5JR2PLC03994 , McLarty-Daniel Ford, Bentonville, Arkansas

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much is vehicle being driven? Length of typical drive both time and miles? Could be situation it isn't being driven enough to keep the battery at full charge between drives or trips are too short. If nothing else is found and vehicle sits for days at a time, I'd put a trickle charger on it. Also, make sure you don't leave the fobs in or near when vehicle is off as that could keep it in wake-up and keep more modules on than if in sleep-mode.

OP
OP

Bdub65

Raptor
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks to everyone for offering advice and potential solutions for this issue and to the comedians in the forum. And yes the blinker fluid has been checked…._I traded in a Wildtrak that never had this issue and was used in a similar fashion.

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2014 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did have an issue with battery drain. It turned out to be the headlight switch. Once replaced, no more issues.
The headlights would turn on randomly when parked. Took the dealer several days to figure out. 2022 Badlands with mid package.

jtmportland

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did have an issue with battery drain. It turned out to be the headlight switch. Once replaced, no more issues.
The headlights would turn on randomly when parked. Took the dealer several days to figure out. 2022 Badlands with mid package.
Yup, same here. Headlights would come on in the middle of the night. This is a known fault. There is a service bulletin for it. The fix was to simply replace the switch.

Sunday Money

First Edition
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Getting rid of it may be the simpler solution in your case.
Sponsored