First Name
Mitchel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm hoping I can get a Bronco order placed on the 27th and I've called a couple dealers in my area and have had varying experience/information.

Dealer A: is a moderately sized dealership in my area. They told me they are only allocated five two-door Bronco's. I was originally told it's a $500 deposit, but then over email they told me it was a $2,500 non-refundable deposit. That seems like a lot to me considering I have no clue how long I have to wait for my build. They did promise MSRP upon deliver but won't take my Z plan.

Dealer B: is a large dealer a couple hours away from me. They said they didn't require deposit, promised Z plan pricing upon delivery, and I could cancel anytime. It honestly sounds too good to be true and I'm concerned my order won't actually be placed this Monday. Anyone have a similar experience?

Dealer C: is another large dealer in my area. They only require a $500 deposit and guarantees MSRP upon delivery but requires that you pay for dealer add-ons (window tint, etc.). Since it's a large dealership, I'm unsure that my order will be placed.

Wondering if anyone has any opinions on who to go with? It didn't sound like Dealer B would actually be placing an order for me but rather for their lot. Dealer A sounds like the safest bet but the switch to a $2,500 deposit was kinda concerning to me. My concern with Dealer C is since they're so large the chances of actually getting it seem small.
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm hoping I can get a Bronco order placed on the 27th and I've called a couple dealers in my area and have had varying experience/information.

Dealer A: is a moderately sized dealership in my area. They told me they are only allocated five two-door Bronco's. I was originally told it's a $500 deposit, but then over email they told me it was a $2,500 non-refundable deposit. That seems like a lot to me considering I have no clue how long I have to wait for my build. They did promise MSRP upon deliver but won't take my Z plan.

Dealer B: is a large dealer a couple hours away from me. They said they didn't require deposit, promised Z plan pricing upon delivery, and I could cancel anytime. It honestly sounds too good to be true and I'm concerned my order won't actually be placed this Monday. Anyone have a similar experience?

Dealer C: is another large dealer in my area. They only require a $500 deposit and guarantees MSRP upon delivery but requires that you pay for dealer add-ons (window tint, etc.). Since it's a large dealership, I'm unsure that my order will be placed.

Wondering if anyone has any opinions on who to go with? It didn't sound like Dealer B would actually be placing an order for me but rather for their lot. Dealer A sounds like the safest bet but the switch to a $2,500 deposit was kinda concerning to me. My concern with Dealer C is since they're so large the chances of actually getting it seem small.
Well, this will be fun! Behind door #1 . . . If you can condition #1 to a deliver by timeline, after which the deposit returns? . . . People say 2-door are scarce . . .

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's no guarantee dealer A will even delive a MY23. They may still have outstanding MY23 orders in their pipe. Honestly, I'd go with dealer B. I'd call and try to ask multiple people how long the line is and how many allocations they have. It sounds like your prioritizing saving money anyway so it's the only logical choice.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Non refundable deposit? Total BS. That dealer just disqualified themselves.

TXshaggy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You’re considering getting on a list for a 2 door on the Friday before order banks open?

Are you aware 2 dr is a 10% constraint?

Look at current inventory and get one now or accept it’ll be a MY24 … maybe

Sponsored

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Going off my ordering experience, i recommend going with a large volume dealer, make sure you get a buyers agreement indicating no mark ups will be added upon delivery and making sure they submit your order as a COVP. Last thing, don't add any constraints otherwise you won't get scheduled for 23MY.

Ruby1

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Heritage In Production
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
How do I verify COVP, and is it something separate that the dealer does? I submitted my drivers license for the order, and have received the DORA with my name on it, as well as the confirmation email from Ford. I was told by the dealer that was all there is, and that I should be all set. Is he being truthful and am I expecting another confirmation email from Ford?
Thank you!

Kiddo44pct

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy traverse
Your Bronco Model
Base
Going off my ordering experience, i recommend going with a large volume dealer, make sure you get a buyers agreement indicating no mark ups will be added upon delivery and making sure they submit your order as a COVP. Last thing, don't add any constraints otherwise you won't get scheduled for 23MY.
How do u know if high volume dealer..looking for one in NY

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do u know if high volume dealer..looking for one in NY
Don't take their word for it. Just look on their website for new ford vehicles. Then check other dealers in the area. The one with the most new vehicles (bonus points for bronco sports and broncos) will be your largest volume dealer.

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do I verify COVP, and is it something separate that the dealer does? I submitted my drivers license for the order, and have received the DORA with my name on it, as well as the confirmation email from Ford. I was told by the dealer that was all there is, and that I should be all set. Is he being truthful and am I expecting another confirmation email from Ford?
Thank you!
Sounds like they did everything correct. Your driver license is part of the COVP an once Ford verifies that your name matches to the order, then the order will be become approved order status. Just ask your dealer if they COVP your order. Only the dealer receives that printout from Ford and I believe its 3-5 days after the order was placed they recieve that printout.

Sponsored

Ruby1

Heritage
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Heritage In Production
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Thanks for the reply. The dealer basically told me that the COVP is now done, and he send what he needed to. What is throwing me off, is that he keeps saying Ford enrolls you and not the dealer.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are in AZ, you could just name the dealerships. Lots of us here.

I got mine at Earnhardt. No problems, MSRP, no dealer-adds. Horrible communication, but I really blame Big Ford for that, not them.
Sponsored