Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A DD but I love in AZ so opportunities to hit the trail, go camping, hiking, overland etc etc.
if you do a lot of hiking and whatnot I might suggest the black diamond just bc of the drain plugs and rubber flooring for easy cleaning. I think marine vinyl seats are an option as well which would also be easier to tidy up. we live in oklahoma and we typically go on one huge road trip per year and we hike once a month or so. we chose the big bend since they added apple carplay and sync 4 as standard to the BB.
Sponsored

enro

Black Diamond
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if you do a lot of hiking and whatnot I might suggest the black diamond just bc of the drain plugs and rubber flooring for easy cleaning. I think marine vinyl seats are an option as well which would also be easier to tidy up. we live in oklahoma and we typically go on one huge road trip per year and we hike once a month or so. we chose the big bend since they added apple carplay and sync 4 as standard to the BB.
I am in Phoenix as well and was thinking about a BD - but the vinyl seats is turning me off. Way too hot in the summer and could turn into a real weapon with the top off. ;)

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I am in Phoenix as well and was thinking about a BD - but the vinyl seats is turning me off. Way too hot in the summer and could turn into a real weapon with the top off. ;)

I doubt seriously the vinyl will be like 70/80's bike seats or other dated versions where you stick to them. I could be wrong, but I expect a fused type of vinyl with other ingredients. somewhat similar to the honda element.

enro

Black Diamond
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I doubt seriously the vinyl will be like 70/80's bike seats or other dated versions where you stick to them. I could be wrong, but I expect a fused type of vinyl with other ingredients. somewhat similar to the honda element.
I don't know what the Honda Elements have... never been in one. But I hope you are right!

sapper726

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have a 4dr Big Bend on reserve. All along, the only must haves for me were the Sasquatch and a Hard top. Trying to keep that at or under $40k is likely impossible based on projected costs for packages.

So I got curious and checked to see what would be different between the Big Bend and Base. I would lose:
-Fog Lamps
-Carbonized Gray Grille
-Tinted Windows (rear)
-One GOAT Mode (Mud/Rut)
-Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel

You must have the M10 tranny for the Sasquatch and the base has this as standard (4-door) where the Big Bend would require this "upgrade". I don't care of the base rims/smaller tires but that would be taken care of with the Sasquatch package.

Fog lamps, meh....GOAT mode...meh...windows can always be tinted...I don't really care about the steering wheel being leather wrapped...really, the only thing that impacts me would be the grille but is that grille worth over $2k? Don't think so...

Am I missing anything else? Sounds like I may be able to save myself a couple grand and go base.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JRYbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have a 4dr Big Bend on reserve. All along, the only must haves for me were the Sasquatch and a Hard top. Trying to keep that at or under $40k is likely impossible based on projected costs for packages.

So I got curious and checked to see what would be different between the Big Bend and Base. I would lose:
-Fog Lamps
-Carbonized Gray Grille
-Tinted Windows (rear)
-One GOAT Mode (Mud/Rut)

You must have the M10 tranny for the Sasquatch and the base has this as standard (4-door) where the Big Bend would require this "upgrade". I don't care of the base rims/smaller tires but that would be taken care of with the Sasquatch package.

Fog lamps, meh....GOAT mode...meh...windows can always be tinted...I don't really care about the steering wheel being leather wrapped...really, the only thing that impacts me would be the grille but is that grille worth over $2k? Don't think so...

Am I missing anything else? Sounds like I may be able to save myself a couple grand and go base.
I must have missed something...Base 4 door only comes in automatic??

sapper726

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I must have missed something...Base 4 door only comes in automatic??
Direct from Ford's site

EDIT: I get the sense that Ford is updating some stuff without broadcasting. For instance, go look at entertainment options on the Big Bend. Two days ago it showed Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as Options, not Standard equipment. Those have since been updated to show as Standard.

Ford Bronco Big Bend Bronco Thread Annotation 2020-07-23 142441

Last edited:

JRYbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Direct from Ford's site

EDIT: I get the sense that Ford is updating some stuff without broadcasting. For instance, go look at entertainment options on the Big Bend. Two days ago it showed Apple CarPlay and Android Auto as Options, not Standard equipment. Those have since been updated to show as Standard.

Ford Bronco Big Bend Bronco Thread Annotation 2020-07-23 142441
Thanks! They must be changing things - this is actually good news haha!

OP
OP
5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know you can't get the mid package on the base as far as i know, but you dont seem to need that, so you may be better off getting the base.

sapper726

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know you can't get the mid package on the base as far as i know, but you dont seem to need that, so you may be better off getting the base.
Yeah, when I evaluated the Mid Package, the only things that interested me were the heated seats (it gets cold in Nebraska but I don't have them now), the remote start (again, Nebraska) and the ambient footwell lighting that is not necessary.

With the fact that all the new Broncos come standard with FordPass Connect that includes remote start from your phone, the only things I am really giving up are the ambient lighting and heated seats.

Sponsored

Fishguydan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 4dr BB reserved. Thinking of the antimatter blue 10sp auto, hardtop. Mid + signature lights + accessory bar + sound dampeners. On the fence with sasquatch. I'll mostly be daily driving (Southern California) with occasional trips. Is it worth sticking with the BB and doing the add ons or moving up two tiers in trim? Looking to stay under $45k.

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks! They must be changing things - this is actually good news haha!
That must be a mistake because whatever system they are using on all the Broncos should have CarPlay

Broncc

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
So uh, any Canadians notice that the 4-door Big Bend is 300 dollars less than the base? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me unless there's going to be a revision to the base price that compensates for less goodies.

JRYbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So uh, any Canadians notice that the 4-door Big Bend is 300 dollars less than the base? Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me unless there's going to be a revision to the base price that compensates for less goodies.
So it looks like the 4 Door Base comes standard with automatic. 4 Door Big Bend comes standard with manual.

I'm assuming this is the difference in price - leather steering wheel vs auto transmission.

Why they did it that way...who knows hah.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

-Fog Lamps
-Carbonized Gray Grille
-Tinted Windows (rear)
-One GOAT Mode (Mud/Rut)

I was seriously thinking about this also. I do like those minor things it come with the Big ben vs. the base however.
Sponsored