Sponsored

Big Bend 'optional' Signature Lights - (LED Tail Lights?) - FORD, We need clarification!

KCAPNate

Big Bend
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm wanting the signature lights, but I'm contemplating adding them on later if possible. I'm just wondering if it'll be a hard installation and what the cost would be installing them as if they're after market
Sponsored

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm wanting the signature lights, but I'm contemplating adding them on later if possible. I'm just wondering if it'll be a hard installation and what the cost would be installing them as if they're after market
Good luck with that!

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My educated guess is that it won't be a plug-and-play swap; you'll need some new harnesses (probably made by an aftermarket party) in order to swap. Those aren't inexpensive, and then there are the matter of the lamps themselves...be prepared to drop serious coin.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It will be easy plug-and-play but probably not available for a very long time. All stock will go to the production line.

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am considering a Big Bend (build pictured below)
My build has - optional Signature headlights ($795)

When I look at the build picture from behind (not here), it has standard halogen tails lights, NOT the awesome LED tail lights pictured below. One of the Bronco Instagram accounts (help me out here) asked a Ford rep (reliable?) at a recent show if LED-tail-lights will be offered with Big Bend and the answer was "yes". Alas, there is no LED tail light option in B&P.

I am happy to pay $795 for the Signature light option, but I am NOT happy if I cannot/do not get the matching LED tail lights!

I will pay extra for the LED tail lights if I have to, but PLEASE FORD, don't make me have mis-matched front and rear lights!

BB build.jpg
Screenshot_20201101-081534.png
I was watching when they were doing the live Q&A on one of the social media outlets, Instagram or twitter, and i did see they did say the tail lights and headlights come as a packaged deal. I'm trying to find that screengrab i had, but it is hiding from me. I also just sent my dealer that same question. Hopefully he will send me something concrete.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dug through the forum, finally found it. The Moab Q&A from Bronco Nation.
Ford Bronco Big Bend 'optional' Signature Lights - (LED Tail Lights?) - FORD, We need clarification! 1605750892647
I had seen this too, but it's hardly official. I asked Granger and they didn't know. When I put Signature lights anon BB in B&P, the picture in the rear shows standard lights. This little detail could tip the balance for me on making a decision.

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
But I can’t get them on Black Diamond which is a more expensive trim. Makes perfect sense.
Ever try to understand airline ticket pricing? As nice as they are, Ford does need to make money on the Bronco which is why they don't give the whole enchilada on lower trims. Get a Badlands is what they're saying.

Last edited:

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ever try to understand airline ticket pricing? As nice as they are, Ford does need to make money on the Bronco which is why they don't give the whole enchilada on lower trims. Get a Badlands is what they're saying.
I have no idea what you’re talking about so here’s a Quokka:

Ford Bronco Big Bend 'optional' Signature Lights - (LED Tail Lights?) - FORD, We need clarification! 1BDC4263-B653-4B8D-8FD8-880739F9CC43

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dug through the forum, finally found it. The Moab Q&A from Bronco Nation.
1605750892647.png
*Sigh* more reason to think of not going BD . EXCEPT that I want standard headlights and signature tail lights.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

*Sigh* more reason to think of not going BD . EXCEPT that I want standard headlights and signature tail lights.
Lots of us in that boat.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But I can’t get them on Black Diamond which is a more expensive trim. Makes perfect sense.
There a few weird inconsistencies with options on trims.
You can option a sound deadening headliner on the BB but you can’t on the BD. (Squatch)
Kind of goes against the grain of more options and accessories as you go up in trim levels. And according to Ford the BD is a higher trim level than the BB..
Things That make you go huh?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is BB the better trim if you have a pellet stove?

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BD, mid, squatch and LED tail light head light options would be the perfect combo.
Sponsored