Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm Non Sas BB. I'm getting the 4.27 rear locker and believe it's every bit as capable as a BD. I prefer the carpet and cloth interior and actually like the wheels a lot. The tires are a bit mild, but I like narrow tires off road and may replace with a more aggressive 255/80x17 (33) at some point and lift the front 1.5" or so once the 3/36 bumper to bumper warrantee is out. All for 5K less than a BD and 10K less than a BL

Deleted member 16780

For planing on not going on the truck trails BB is the trim aimed right at you.

I will be going wheeling a lot so it is not aimed at me. Though with sas any trim can be off road ready.

What other trims are you thinking about?
If the kids make messes the wash out interior of the Black diamond may be nice.

I like the BB grille.
I used to go on truck trails in an econoline van with 32" MT tires.
Now if you plan on racing through the desert in your +$50k ride... hope you have god insurance.
I loved seeing those rigs laying on their sides lol

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah, after living out west and driving my 2WD F150 with 16" wheels for going on 20 years, it's funny how many people think you need what we used to call a "monster truck" to go up a dirt road. Been up arroyos full of sand for miles, through the Gila river probably 24" deep and wide. Never stuck other than a few rutted mud puddles. You don't need a sasquash or giant tires unless your trying to prove something on some obstacle course or driving through billowy sand dunes.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If they offered a locking rear diff on Base I would get it. But by the time you add SAS to a 2-door Base, or move up to Big Bend plus rear locker, you are really close to Black Diamond price.

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I scored a day 1 res for a FE and a Base. My FE has 5 of the 6 deadly sins so I don' t expect to see it until mid-2022. Upon learning of the 2022 delivery I converted my base, changed it to Big Bend, 2.3, 7M, locking rear, switches, and trailer tow so I should get it soon. I convinced myself it will be a Bronco to 'hold me over' until the FE arrives and trade the BB in on the FE, but I very well may fall in love with the BB and keep it too. NOT looking to flip either for a profit.
Sponsored