Sponsored

Bikini top that provides some rain protection?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes - I really wish it was that easy, but I do want to connect in on top of the front of the windshield where I can hook front of it in tight. I seriously might buy the Trektop and if I do not like it see if I can sew some straps into it so I can cut most of it away and make an emergency bikini top out of it. If that ever does happen, I will post some pictures
Sponsored

ABoyce80

Big Bend
First Name
Adriana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m hoping someone comes up with some kind of rain shell that you can just keep folded up in the back, and throw on and strap down in case of bad weather.

Agreed, how is this not a thing yet?

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed, how is this not a thing yet?
Broncobikini.com is the closest you can find. His would be absolutely perfect if it was wider. There was another one that came out recently by a small manufacturer and I was excited,, but reviewers on this forum showed it having so many issues I did not even bother.

Stuckey

Badlands
First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gonna try this one soon. Looks to provide coverage far enough over the rails and to the windshield.

IMG_3761.png

IMG_3763.png

IMG_3762.png

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Broncobikini.com is the closest you can find.
Agree completely, Bronco Bikini is a great product ! Love that you don't have to take it off to put the hard/soft top back on too !

Sponsored

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gonna try this one soon. Looks to provide coverage far enough over the rails and to the windshield.

IMG_3761.png

IMG_3763.png

IMG_3762.png
That is the one. I was really excited about it smd I could care less about money if it just works, but reviews were really, really bad for it to the point it was not even worth me trying it out. I have forgotten the details, but it was not just because it was flapping, etc. Whatever it was, it sounded like broncobimi was still 2x better

Last edited:

Stuckey

Badlands
First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is the one. I was really excited about it smd I could care less about money if it just works, but reviews were really, really bad for it to the point it was not even worth me trying it out.
I saw two really positive reviews in the announcement post. It’s between this and the broncobikini. May just do the broncobikini since it’s a sure thing.

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw two really positive reviews in the announcement post. It’s between this and the broncobikini. May just do the broncobikini since it’s a sure thing.
I've been using the BroncoBikini for 2+ months now and I live in the PNW where it rains, rains, and rains some more.

My hard top is in an off site storage unit as I do not have room for the hard top in my garage.

I've been driving for 2+ months in rain with just the bikini on. If you park in rain for long periods of time, it will puddle water on the top but that is to be expected. If you need to do that, try to park at a downward angle so the rain water will flow to the rear cargo area. Or mall crawl park it so the water flows to the sides.

In 2+ months of using it in the rain, I've not had any water get on the dash. It's quiet with no flapping at freeway speeds..

I go off-roading and camping with just it, no issues. I do have a rain gear cover I use when on overnight camping trips but that is mainly to keep critters out.

Get the www.broncobikini.com one, you won't be disappointed..

Ford Bronco Bikini top that provides some rain protection? data

Last edited:

Stuckey

Badlands
First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been using the BroncoBikini for 2+ months now and I live in the PNW where it rains, rains, and rains some more.

My hard top is in an off site storage unit as I do not have room for the hard top in my garage.

I've been driving for 2+ months in rain with just the bikini on. If you park in rain for long periods of time, it will puddle water on the top but that is to be expected. If you need to do that, try to park at a downward angle so the rain water will flow to the rear cargo area. Or mall crawl park it so the water flows to the sides.

In 2+ months of using it in the rain, I've not had any water get on the dash. It's quiet with no flapping at freeway speeds..

I go off-roading and caping with just it, no issues. I do have a rain gear cover I use when on overnight camping trips but that is mainly to keep critters out.

Get the www.broncobikini.com one, you won't be disappointed..

Ford Bronco Bikini top that provides some rain protection? data
Man glad to hear another good review and some nice tips I hadn’t thought of. I have a soft top but want to leave it off most of the summer. I have a mesh top currently that knocks the sun down. Looks like a rain gear is in my future too.
I’ve only owned my bronco a week. It’s a badlands with drain floors. How’s water in the cargo area been? Dries up quick?

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man glad to hear another good review and some nice tips I hadn’t thought of. I have a soft top but want to leave it off most of the summer. I have a mesh top currently that knocks the sun down. Looks like a rain gear is in my future too.
I’ve only owned my bronco a week. It’s a badlands with drain floors. How’s water in the cargo area been? Dries up quick?
I have a small squeegee I got off amazon for like $5 that I keep in the Bronco. You can just pop open the tailgate and squeegee it out or you can just pull the drain plug if it gets out of hand.

I have the Rain Gear, Trail Cover version, and only use it for my overnight camping trips. It's great and will keep any overnight rain showers or dew out but for my main use, it'll keep all the critters and creepy crawlers out...

Last edited:

Sponsored

VailDan

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D Badlands(2023)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On previous Jeeps, I just left the rain plugs open all the time. On my BL I keep top off all summer. But it stays in garage when not using do I have only had a dozen or so rains so far and not enough volume to know best details yet.

GNFITR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"FauxSquatch" Bronco Badlands w/ Sasquatch Wheels
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have been going back and forth on this. I just ordered the one you posted from another place that has it on sale with free shipping:

https://www.extremeterrain.com/havo...ornia-brief-top-black-diamond-hfb-09-002.html

I have seen both really good reviews and some bad ones so it is hard to tell. I got a military discount so it was ~$180. I am going into it thinking I may need to make some mods to it to make it work and that it is a gamble. I haven't seen anything but good reviews for the boncobikini top, but I like the way this one doesn't leave gaps between the top and the doors.

Last edited:

Stuckey

Badlands
First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also have been going back and forth on this. I just ordered the one you posted from another place that has it on sale with free shipping:

https://www.extremeterrain.com/havo...ornia-brief-top-black-diamond-hfb-09-002.html

I have seen both really good reviews and some bad ones so it is hard to tell. I got a military discount so it was ~$180. I am going into it thinking I may need to make some mods to it to make it work and that it is a gamble. I haven't seen anything but good reviews for the boncobikini top, but I like the way this one doesn't leave gaps between the top and the doors.
I’m in the same exact boat as you lol. Please come back here or PM me with what you think of it. I’m holding off on ordering until back from Mexico in a week.
Sponsored