First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After parking while in Sport mode when backing out (back in sport mode) I felt a binding while in reverse and when I drove forward and turned the wheels. I could switch out of 4a and the binding stopped. I then switched into 4H and tried going in reverse and it felt really restricted. It has 6500 miles on it and I haven't ever had any issues with it aside from today.
I drove it home in sport mode while watching the power distribution and for a few miles it was showing all 4 wheels engaged but then it only showed the rear.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After parking while in Sport mode when backing out (back in sport mode) I felt a binding while in reverse and when I drove forward and turned the wheels. I could switch out of 4a and the binding stopped. I then switched into 4H and tried going in reverse and it felt really restricted. It has 6500 miles on it and I haven't ever had any issues with it aside from today.
I drove it home in sport mode while watching the power distribution and for a few miles it was showing all 4 wheels engaged but then it only showed the rear.

Any thoughts?
Good morning! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's the nature of 4wd....you've maybe never had one. But when you switched back to 2H, you know. I'm surprised that it binds up in 4A, I think it wouldn't do that. But, nothing's wrong. It's just how axles can bind up when there's unequal spin on the wheels.

OP
OP
Federico

Federico

Black Diamond
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's the nature of 4wd....you've maybe never had one. But when you switched back to 2H, you know. I'm surprised that it binds up in 4A, I think it wouldn't do that. But, nothing's wrong. It's just how axles can bind up when there's unequal spin on the wheels.

I totally get that but I've had 4WD vehicles before as well as AWD vehicles and none acted like this. Also, it wasn't doing it when I backed out of my driveway (in Sport Mode 4A) and when I exited my community by going around the roundabout. On my way home it going around the same roundabout at about the same speed as the morning and I could feel the binding and even my steering wheel felt weird. It also sounded like my tires were rubbing on my mudflaps which I am positive they didn't start rubbing all of a sudden.

I didnt get any warning messages either...

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well....since you know what it's felt like on other vehicles, best to take to the dealer and make sure it's working as it should be....almost sounds like 4A is becoming 4H....

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was binding, especially while turning in 4A, just like it would If it were in 4H. They replaced the Transfer Case Module and all was well after that. Take it in.

FWIW, the power distribution screen will show all 4 wheels with power most of the time in 4A. Accelerating or turning for example. When maintaining speed, like on the freeway, it will only then show just two wheels pulling.
Sponsored