Sponsored

Black rhino warthogs + 35" KO2s...on Badlands with 1" level kit...thoughts?

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey everyone -

So I've asked *way* too many questions on here (I'm honestly a bit annoyed at myself on your behalf) but with my build date rapidly approaching I really want to make some solid decisions. And of all the aftermarket/mod/accessories/etc the only thing I've really been agonizing about are my tires/wheels. Partially because I know how important these are and partially because between new wheels and tires I'm going to be dropping a decent amount of money.

My salesman is setting up having everything ready to go when my Bronco comes in and he's asking (not pushing or anything) if I'm set on my decisions.

I know that the "look" of wheels is very personal so I'm not necessarily asking for someone to help me pick a good looking wheel (I'm building my black bronco out as an overlander so do want a more rugged look...that said if someone has what they think is a better wheel than the one I picked I'm def all ears!) -

I guess I'm just asking if what I picked makes sense or if I'm somehow gimping myself. I'm pretty much set on the K02s - I'm good with the C load rating. I'm going to have the dealer install a 1" level kit (and either remove the crash bars or add some kind of kit to get them out of the way) and am planning on the Black Rhino Warthogs (0 offset).

Thoughts? Since I'm new at this I'm curious if I'm missing something or if there's a better/higher quality wheel? I'm going to be offroading in the Colorado mountains but I'm not going to be doing any hardcore rock crawling so don't think I need beadlocks.

Any ideas/advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey everyone -

So I've asked *way* too many questions on here (I'm honestly a bit annoyed at myself on your behalf) but with my build date rapidly approaching I really want to make some solid decisions. And of all the aftermarket/mod/accessories/etc the only thing I've really been agonizing about are my tires/wheels. Partially because I know how important these are and partially because between new wheels and tires I'm going to be dropping a decent amount of money.

My salesman is setting up having everything ready to go when my Bronco comes in and he's asking (not pushing or anything) if I'm set on my decisions.

I know that the "look" of wheels is very personal so I'm not necessarily asking for someone to help me pick a good looking wheel (I'm building my black bronco out as an overlander so do want a more rugged look...that said if someone has what they think is a better wheel than the one I picked I'm def all ears!) -

I guess I'm just asking if what I picked makes sense or if I'm somehow gimping myself. I'm pretty much set on the K02s - I'm good with the C load rating. I'm going to have the dealer install a 1" level kit (and either remove the crash bars or add some kind of kit to get them out of the way) and am planning on the Black Rhino Warthogs (0 offset).

Thoughts? Since I'm new at this I'm curious if I'm missing something or if there's a better/higher quality wheel? I'm going to be offroading in the Colorado mountains but I'm not going to be doing any hardcore rock crawling so don't think I need beadlocks.

Any ideas/advice/suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Sounds like you have a decent plan.

IMO the "0" offset is a lot of poke...you may want to get a set of SAS fender flares.

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like you have a decent plan.

IMO the "0" offset is a lot of poke...you may want to get a set of SAS fender flares.
Yeah I know that's a good bit of poke (hopefully not enough to look ridiculous) and a set of SAS fender flares are likely in my future. I'll start looking on here and facebook marketplace.

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hello! Hopefully your build date goes as planned and you will be rolling soon.

I agree with you. Tires and wheels are a deeply personal choice, and to each his own.

That being said, you have asked all the right questions. Sounds like you have a solid plan. Don't over think it!

OP
OP
Maximus3311

Maximus3311

Badlands
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello! Hopefully your build date goes as planned and you will be rolling soon.

I agree with you. Tires and wheels are a deeply personal choice, and to each his own.

That being said, you have asked all the right questions. Sounds like you have a solid plan. Don't over think it!
Thank you! Appreciate the input and barring some additional info I'll just go with my gut and not overthink it :)

Sponsored

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't had any problems with my factory KO2s here in Denver. Had them on my FJ as well for 4 years with no problems or complaints in the winter or anything. I do the same light off roading and occasional blizzard we deal with here. They haven't let me down yet.

stut1313

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 4 door, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m guessing this is too late to help you at all but I’m running the +0 warthogs with 35’s and a level, although I do have Sasquatch package. Absolutely 0 issues. I honestly think 37’s would fit.
Ford Bronco Black rhino warthogs + 35" KO2s...on Badlands with 1" level kit...thoughts? IMG_5872
Ford Bronco Black rhino warthogs + 35" KO2s...on Badlands with 1" level kit...thoughts? IMG_5873
Sponsored