Sponsored

Both my broncos have windows rubbing off paint in same spot!

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, OuterBanks, Bigbend, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have been watching for a few months now a spot underneath the rear of the drivers side window paint coming off the Bronco due to the bottom of the fabric on the window rubbing. It has now worn down to bare metal. Windows are rarely in them too. It is occurring in the same place on our Big Bend and OBX! Any ideas? Iā€™m surely not the only one? They have 9k and 24k miles on them.

CB637193-2AA4-4E1A-9D8B-6D41F55BF6BE.jpeg
Sponsored

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed.
Ford Bronco Both my broncos have windows rubbing off paint in same spot! IMG_5712

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine had 4000. So it starts from day 1. Tip. Check fit before exposing adhesive. I trimmed the inside front of these making it easier to install. I just felt if adhesives grabbed here before properly positioned it would pose a problem. Itā€™s not that they donā€™t have perfect fit. Top in that spot doesnā€™t raise far or easily to slide it under by yourself. They show it with top off which makes sense if you do run it fully removed. You might not have to. Just try first.

IMG_5713.jpeg

Sponsored

LetFree

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 M3, '19 X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
These body guards seem like a great idea. I donā€™t have my bronco with dual tops yet but was wondering if these guards affect how the hard or soft top sits on the body. Do they raise the rear part of the hardtop at all? Just want to make sure there are not going to be any seating issues that cause leaks or more wind noise on either top. Because I donā€™t have mine yet Iā€™m not as familiar with how both tops sit on the rear part of the body.

OP
OP

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine had 4000. So it starts from day 1. Tip. Check fit before exposing adhesive. I trimmed the inside front of these making it easier to install. I just felt if adhesives grabbed here before properly positioned it would pose a problem. Itā€™s not that they donā€™t have perfect fit. Top in that spot doesnā€™t raise far or easily to slide it under by yourself. They show it with top off which makes sense if you do run it fully removed. You might not have to. Just try first.

Ford Bronco Both my broncos have windows rubbing off paint in same spot! IMG_5713
Thanks for taking the time on this! Very much appreciated!!!!

OP
OP

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These body guards seem like a great idea. I donā€™t have my bronco with dual tops yet but was wondering if these guards affect how the hard or soft top sits on the body. Do they raise the rear part of the hardtop at all? Just want to make sure there are not going to be any seating issues that cause leaks or more wind noise on either top. Because I donā€™t have mine yet Iā€™m not as familiar with how both tops sit on the rear part of the body.
You have a lot of energy going between two tops. I helped a buddy remove his hard top once and it convinced me to go soft top. Probably would do same as you if I had snow here too though!

LetFree

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 M3, '19 X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You have a lot of energy going between two tops. I helped a buddy remove his hard top once and it convinced me to go soft top. Probably would do same as you if I had snow here too though!

Thanks for the input but Iā€™m not worried about switching between hard and soft tops twice per year.

Do you have any insight into my question?

OP
OP

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for the input but Iā€™m not worried about switching between hard and soft tops twice per year.

Do you have any insight into my question?
I know the soft top alignment is inconsistent. I ordered two pair of those top pieces today. Supposed to be here Tuesday and I will know how they work with soft tops. I would start a thread if I were you asking about fit with hard tops! That raail has a large gap! Iā€™m guessing it will fit better, but you never know!

Sponsored

LetFree

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 M3, '19 X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know the soft top alignment is inconsistent. I ordered two pair of those top pieces today. Supposed to be here Tuesday and I will know how they work with soft tops. I would start a thread if I were you asking about fit with hard tops! That raail has a large gap! Iā€™m guessing it will fit better, but you never know!
ok thanks good point. Iā€™ve got a lot of time (ordered ā€˜a 24) so Iā€™ll probably worry about it closer to when Iā€™ll actually be getting it. But now I these exist and have added them to my list of initial money suckers lol

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are very thin where it sits on the body. If it raised the hard top at all, it would be 1/16 of an inch if that. There was no visual change with soft too and no change in the way lifting it works. I would say l safe to use with hard top. No additional wind noise.

LetFree

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 M3, '19 X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are very thin where it sits on the body. If it raised the hard top at all, it would be 1/16 of an inch if that. There was no visual change with soft too and no change in the way lifting it works. I would say l safe to use with hard top. No additional wind noise.
thatā€™s good to know. 1/16ā€ is not much. My concern would be how it would affect how the mid panel seats with it. The protection those guards offer to a surface of the body that could potentially see increased wear seems like it may be a small trade off for the effects of a small 1/16ā€ of an inch. I appreciate the input.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thatā€™s good to know. 1/16ā€ is not much. My concern would be how it would affect how the mid panel seats with it. The protection those guards offer to a surface of the body that could potentially see increased wear seems like it may be a small trade off for the effects of a small 1/16ā€ of an inch. I appreciate the input.
Geeze. I had a lot of typos.
Sponsored