Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

It's for incident commander type person.
USPS an USFS has lots of white trucks.
Yeah, the Wildland Agencies are switching to white for resale. The USFS Green does not fair well in the open market.
Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Spotted this today at FDIC 2024 setup, built by the Darley Company! I will get more info on this, better photos, and the capabilities it carries when show opens. It looks to have a communication box on the top at the very least for back country comms.

tempImageDkuUxJ.png

tempImageVTlGnS.png

tempImageo81XAF.png

tempImageqdRXXL.png
I talked to Paul Darley about this build-up. It's a test mule for Ford and Microsoft (and others) for communication and fire mapping. Funny thing is, there is no "Darley" products on-board other than their drone stuff.

Summit981

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Cayman, MINI GP2, MINI Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a wildland command rig. Probably has heated seats and cup warmers to keep the Chief's coffee hot. :rolleyes:
Any ideas on the comms set-up to support this role? I know ICS folks are adding FirstNet phones as primaries but there’s something about an in-truck radio system…. Would be cool to see images of internal set-up on this truck.

MtnTopComms

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi Q5, 2019 Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any ideas on the comms set-up to support this role? I know ICS folks are adding FirstNet phones as primaries but there’s something about an in-truck radio system…. Would be cool to see images of internal set-up on this truck.
I don't think most of the manufacturers of public safety gear are set up yet for Bronco because there's not that many out there being used in that application. I don't see custom consoles yet, which will be a challenge since the shifter is in the way but always ways to work around it. Radio systems usually come down to commercial equipment from L3Harris, Motorola, or Kenwood. Add in commercial repeater systems and you have the makings of command rig.

For most it really comes down to what your needs are, my plan is:
Icom ID-5100 x2 Connected to (2) COMPACtenna 2M/440PLUS VHF/UHF
Yaesu FT-891 Connected to yaesu atas-120a HF Antenna
Sierra Wireless MG90 (PN 1104709) W/ FirstNet & Verizon SIMs
iPad Air Gen 4 on a RAM Mount RAM-GDS-DOCKLF-AP32CU w/ USB C Ethernet & Charge combiner.

On the public safety front there are a lot of variables, some areas use encrypted channels, as well as a variety of commercial radios and some still use older analog systems especially in rural areas that can't afford to upgrade. Really comes down to your area.

I am still affiliated with a fire agency so most of my cell gear is FirstNet with a Verizon backup.

In future years I am hoping for a smaller footprint Starlink that is feasible for install on a Bronco.
Sponsored