John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2.3/Manual and a Gaggle of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd strongly recommend Flagpole as the first one, Bald Mountain tends to have a lot of growth (Bushy Foliage) into the trail, and it's pretty much impossible to avoid pin striping...
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd strongly recommend Flagpole as the first one, Bald Mountain tends to have a lot of growth (Bushy Foliage) into the trail, and it's pretty much impossible to avoid pin striping...
Does Bald Mountain come out on the south end or is it an out and back from Reddish Knob?

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does Bald Mountain come out on the south end or is it an out and back from Reddish Knob?
Bald Mountain is an entirely different trail. down by Stuarts Draft..
It's fun trail, About the level of Dunkle Hollow, But it's got some real tight spots

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/virginia/cold-spring-bald-mountain-jeep-trail

The Trail you're talking about is "Flag Pole Forest Road" FR 85A;

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/virginia/flagpole-knob-via-forest-service-road-85

It runs from Meadow Knob, Past Flagpole Knob, then out to Briery Branch Road where Reddish Knob is. It's definitely the mildest of the three main trails that make up "Flagpole" But it can get overgrown, no where near as bad as Bald Mountain does though.

A lot of the guys you'll see camping near Flagpole Knob in Rigs You know didn't come up Dunkle Hollow or Union Springs come in on FR85, Once you're out at Briery Branch, you make a left and it's pavement all the way into Rawley Spings and Harrisonburg

Last edited:

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bald Mountain is an entirely different trail. down by Stuarts Draft..
It's fun trail, About the level of Dunkle Hollow, But it's got some real tight spots

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/virginia/cold-spring-bald-mountain-jeep-trail

The Trail you're talking about is "Flag Pole Forest Road" FR 85A;

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/virginia/flagpole-knob-via-forest-service-road-85

It runs from Meadow Knob, Past Flagpole Knob, then out to Briery Branch Road where Reddish Knob is. It's definitely the mildest of the three main trails that make up "Flagpole" But it can get overgrown, no where near as bad as Bald Mountain does though.

A lot of the guys you'll see camping near Flagpole Knob in Rigs You know didn't come up Dunkle Hollow or Union Springs come in on FR85, Once you're out at Briery Branch, you make a left and it's pavement all the way into Rawley Spings and Harrisonburg
Ah, I see, I was looking at "Little Bald Mountain Road" (FR 427) off of 85. Yea, you can get an RV up to Flagpole as long as you come from the south.

zuke

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ah, I see, I was looking at "Little Bald Mountain Road" (FR 427) off of 85. Yea, you can get an RV up to Flagpole as long as you come from the south.
Yup, I actually drove my Ambulance RV and Trailer up there once to retrieve a Jeep I broke on the steps of Union Springs. It's a good road for retrieving broken Jeeps and Broken Egos ;)
Sponsored