First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I’m just a little confused how the math works out on this. I’m fairly competent in general math, but not necessarily in how vehicle financing/leasing works out.

I ordered a BB with upgrades, cost comes out to about $51k. I was just exploring if I changed my order to something higher, maybe OBX, BL or WT for the reason those trims have some/most of these features standard: upgraded seats, mid pkg, Sasquatch, MIC hardtop and 2.7L auto. I upgraded to all of those except for the cloth seats, which is not a huge deal, but playing around with it. I basically ordered a WT.

If I upgraded to WT with cloth seats, all of those are already on there and destination adds a little to the cost. The cost for the WT comes out to about $1k more than BB, yet the calculator is showing about a $100 payment difference between the upgraded BB and WT. All the calculator numbers I input are the same for both, so I’m not sure how that works out. The extra $100 payment just seems like a big jump for not much extra in overall price. I’m planning to lease this bronco so I can upgrade in a few years to a better trim. Any thoughts???
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Residual values are different for each and interest values are different. According to Fords residual value table they think a BB with hold more value over time than a WT, so you pay more up front on a WT of the same price.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve never leased before.

on a lease if something goes wrong mechanically do you have to pay for it?

OP
OP

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I just finished my first lease last month. I leased for 39mo and it was under warranty so I think most of the time if not all the time, no you do not have to pay for mechanical repairs. Again my first lease so maybe someone else has another experience, but I like leasing so far. You do pay for maintenance and up keep.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

It all depends on the manufacturer warranty coverage period, some are longer than others. Also, some manufacturers include maintenance and some do not.

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It all depends on the manufacturer warranty coverage period, some are longer than others. Also, some manufacturers include maintenance and some do not.
It stinks I put about 22k a year so a lease really isn’t a good option, but I’m considering keeping a second car to offset the mileage... but I don’t know if that’s a good idea or not

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A loaded up bb would hold value better than similarly priced wt? I don't think so. Most folks would just opt for the higher trim.

OP
OP

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A loaded up bb would hold value better than similarly priced wt? I don't think so. Most folks would just opt for the higher trim.
According to fords residuals for all the bronco trims, the lower the trim level, the better it holds its value. If I can load up a bronco with all or most of the features of a higher trim and pay less for the same then I’ll take it

Last edited:

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It stinks I put about 22k a year so a lease really isn’t a good option, but I’m considering keeping a second car to offset the mileage... but I don’t know if that’s a good idea or not
Probably cheaper to buy just one car, but I haven’t done the math to figure that out, plus ever situation is different.

Don’t forget about insurance, gas and maintenance on a second car.
Sponsored