First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Leasing a car is one of the worst financial decisions one can make. It's the equivalent of a time share in real estate, also a bad financial decision. Sure it lets people get into a car that they can't really afford for a short period of time, but you have nothing at the end. And if you do decide to keep it long term, then you would have been better off financing it.

I guess, if you like shiny new things more than money and are switching out vehicles every couple of years, it can be a way to go.
Sponsored

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My initial dealer told me that any lease on a new Bronco is going to be horrible. Why would a company let you rent the vehicle when they can get paid in full with a check from your personal finance company. They're a business, not a charity.
Because they will essentially sell it twice?
IDK

OP
OP
trivletrav

trivletrav

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Challenger SXT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Leasing a car is one of the worst financial decisions one can make. It's the equivalent of a time share in real estate, also a bad financial decision. Sure it lets people get into a car that they can't really afford for a short period of time, but you have nothing at the end. And if you do decide to keep it long term, then you would have been better off financing it.

I guess, if you like shiny new things more than money and are switching out vehicles every couple of years, it can be a way to go.
That's your opinion, which I'm sure for you makes sense. It's not the case across the board however. Lots of service members and contract employees lease because they don't know where they'll be stationed in a few years. It makes things easier to simply rent a car long term rather than stroking $30000 checks every few years and then go through the arduous process of trying to sell a vehicle on short notice. Also a lease frees up your credit more because just the monthly payment is reported as an obligation rather than the lump sum of the whole vehicle.

There are lots of valid reasons to lease a car vs. buying one. Also for an unproven vehicle that you can't test drive beforehand, it also makes sense not to tie yourself to it. What if it's junk? I hope not, but it's not out of the question, it's a Ford.

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's your opinion, which I'm sure for you makes sense. It's not the case across the board however. Lots of service members and contract employees lease because they don't know where they'll be stationed in a few years. It makes things easier to simply rent a car long term rather than stroking $30000 checks every few years and then go through the arduous process of trying to sell a vehicle on short notice. Also a lease frees up your credit more because just the monthly payment is reported as an obligation rather than the lump sum of the whole vehicle.

There are lots of valid reasons to lease a car vs. buying one. Also for an unproven vehicle that you can't test drive beforehand, it also makes sense not to tie yourself to it. What if it's junk? I hope not, but it's not out of the question, it's a Ford.
And not everyone wants to keep their vehicle for 20 years.

Bronco1951

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape / 2 door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all,

Still waiting for the regular bronco lease figures to come through, but I was mostly just curious as to what the Sport was leading at and had a good laugh at this. $502/mo before taxes, fees, etc on a $35k car? Sales tax being what it is in VA I've come to a rough sum of $22800 for that total lease figure. 502x36+3495 down payment + 1250 tax/fees. I mean... Come on Ford, that can't be real right? Anyone planning on leasing their Bronco? I have to for a number of reasons so I'm hoping they address this for the big Bronco when those figures are released

Screenshot_20201127-010130.png
I had a Bronco Sport, Big Bend, with Big Bend pkg. on order, was to be built the week of January 4. Asked my salesman what the lease price on it was going to be. 3 year / 12k miles, $0 down came, out to $477/mo., and I’m Z-plan eligible. My 2017 Escape lease was $227/mo.
I cancelled my Sport order and leased a butt ugly 2020 Escape SEL awd.
I refuse to be gouged. Might also happen on my Bronco 2door Badlands reservation.

Sponsored

95buckeye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford ?‍♂ Great opportunity to increase market share.....flops. Jeeps, 4Runners, main competitors have residuals through the roof. Why build this vehicle if the residual is so low compared to similar vehicles. Was gonna lease so I could actually see it before plunking down 50k. Seals the deal that Im keeping the Runner and will buy one used down the road. Great truck, but no way Im paying $600+ to lease one. I bought my Toyota for less.

KAPtain327

Badlands
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a Bronco Sport, Big Bend, with Big Bend pkg. on order, was to be built the week of January 4. Asked my salesman what the lease price on it was going to be. 3 year / 12k miles, $0 down came, out to $477/mo., and I’m Z-plan eligible. My 2017 Escape lease was $227/mo.
I cancelled my Sport order and leased a butt ugly 2020 Escape SEL awd.
I refuse to be gouged. Might also happen on my Bronco 2door Badlands reservation.
Lease for a badlands/lux/nonsquatch - I just got quoted $10.5k down $454/month thoughts?

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lease for a badlands/lux/nonsquatch - I just got quoted $10.5k down $454/month thoughts?
That’s like $27k to drive a $55k car for 3 years…. I am no lease expert but that seems very stout.

Bronco1951

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That price is outrageous for a Bronco Sport. I would walk away from the vehicle and buy an Escape. Good luck.

Sponsored

KAPtain327

Badlands
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That price is outrageous for a Bronco Sport. I would walk away from the vehicle and buy an Escape. Good luck.
No bronco sport! It’s for a Bronco badlands/lux/2.7/SAS

Bronco1951

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No bronco sport! It’s for a Bronco badlands/lux/2.7/SAS
Sorry, your comment was under the Bronco Sport thread.
$454 for a Badlands with your options sounds OK to me I think. Maybe $25 to $50/mo high. That is an awful lot of up front cash. Every $1000 down lowers payment about $25/mo and your probably not A or Z plan. Being a new vehicle there are no lease incentives and they can get full list price.
Sponsored