RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think, and it’s just me, that the matte PPF only in certain areas would look off, like something was wrong with the paint.
What about modifying the hood ppf that just goes along the front, and just continue the sides up to about the top of the trail sight and it can taper out to edge of the hood? I could go for that. I know the matte ppf will make it look different but think it would be tolerable if it is part of the hood protection design.
Sponsored

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How close or does ut match witht the factory decals???
Do you know what brand and color they used?

It looks good.
Very close in color and finish since I went with matte black. They have several options. This was the best match to me. A touch more sparkle in oem stripe. Have to be right up on it to see difference. Most would never know. But here are close up pics of each.

They also have 30" letters like these centered or a 16" option they locate at bottom right corner. The letters can be cut outs like mine showing paint color or can be solid and various colors. I wanted the letters to show the paint color.

From their website: Decals are made out of Automotive professional grade Oracal 651 and 3M 1080 Vinyl - die cut on professional plotter that last 6 years / UV coated/protected.

Ford Bronco Bronco Hood Blackouts:  photos and info 20211224_101623

Ford Bronco Bronco Hood Blackouts:  photos and info 20211224_101615

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will that help with rock chips in the hood???
I would think any vinyl on the hood will help. However, the PPF or hood deflector will offer better protection, especially on the front lip.

I chose the hood deflector as I wanted to protect from rocks hitting the hood, I liked the look, and I wanted to (hopefully) cut down on rock chips/bugs on the windshield.

Checkout the link in my signature to see some close-up’s of the installation.

OP
OP
Underground Graphics

Underground Graphics

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undergroundgraphics.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 20 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about modifying the hood ppf that just goes along the front, and just continue the sides up to about the top of the trail sight and it can taper out to edge of the hood? I could go for that. I know the matte ppf will make it look different but think it would be tolerable if it is part of the hood protection design.
The cost to make a template for a one off project like this would far out weigh the cost to have this done locally with a certified PPF installer. I say this as this piece is not one I would likely be making in bulk, and more a difficult install.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Underground Graphics

Underground Graphics

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How close or does ut match witht the factory decals???
Do you know what brand and color they used?

It looks good.
the factory decals are not 3M, Avery or Oracal. The closest we have come is the 3M and Oracal calandered vinyls (651). This is not recommended for long term exterior use, especially for vehicle graphics. It’s an option, just not (our) choice. We prefer the wrap vinyls which have not shown a match to the OE decals.
Greg ;)

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The cost to make a template for a one off project like this would far out weigh the cost to have this done locally with a certified PPF installer. I say this as this piece is not one I would likely be making in bulk, and more a difficult install.
Okay then. Thanks

niterider006

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a hot pepper red OBX SAS with a gloss black grille. Is it recommended to get Gloss graphics to match? The only matte black on the bronco is the fenders. Just curious as to what you recommend.

OP
OP
Underground Graphics

Underground Graphics

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a hot pepper red OBX SAS with a gloss black grille. Is it recommended to get Gloss graphics to match? The only matte black on the bronco is the fenders. Just curious as to what you recommend.

For the hood graphics, we prefer the matte finish as it serves the purpose of non-glare. We can add a second layer(pinstrip, design, etc...) in a gloss black to tie in to the gloss grill or the gloss black body graphics as well.

Greg ;)
Sponsored